Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

so nervous about timing....even with three vials

myblessinmyblessin Posts: 92
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
just needed to vent....next cycle we will inseminate using 3 vials doing the iui method...i really wanna catch that darn egg...& even tho ive been tracking w opks im still unsure of what timing to use...& yes i tried tracking my temp but with my work schedule its extremely hard....my cycles are 25 days & always get my + on cd13 but that still doesn't mean the egg is there..Ahhhhhh!!!!!! wish there was a "the egg is here test " lol

Comments

• Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    you should have a large window covered with 3 vials. Good luck!!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are you thinking for timing?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    three does give me better coverage but still not positive on timing so many things go through my head like how long iui lives etc...im leaning towards doing one at + the next will be 8-12 hrs pass + & would like to save the last for o pains or 24-30 hrs pass +.....i have feeling i o closer to + i usually have pains but this cycle i didn't get crampy til a day or two after.....
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    They say age plays a factor as well .. I belive its older is closer to 36hrs and younger is closer to 12.

It's going to sound a little cray.. But I sit down with notebook paper and make a line graph and plan everything out. Like I write across the top 0-40, 0 being when I get a positive opk, then every hour after that. Then I write the time of day right under that, so let's say I get smiley at 1 pm, right under the 0 I'll write 1300, and continue out every hour from there. Then I plan out 12 blocks that I can move around .. One for each ici, and one for an egg. I usually plan my egg around +20 hours, and then adjust my insems around that, pending work and whatnot.
    It really helps me to see it. I wish I could send you a pic lol it would help to see what I mean, my wife made me take a picture last time cause she thought it was funny.

I PMed you if you want me to email you a pic, or if anyone else want to see let me know!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll be 29 in jan...& i think i understand what u mean...good idea!! thanks anything is worth the try...sooo ready for my bfp
  • Options
    luca3125luca3125 Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Has anyone ever had 2 positive opk then a negative opk then next day 2 positive opk again?
  • Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited November -1
    Okaybaby, that's an awesome chart you've created to move time blocks around easily!

Luca, some opks may look dark but are still negative unless they are just as dark as control line. Also first morning urine will probably have darker results compared to second urine of day.

Myblessing, baby dust to you! 3 IUI vials should give you a nice big window.
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okaybaby, that's an awesome chart you've created to move time blocks around easily!

Luca, some opks may look dark but are still negative unless they are just as dark as control line. Also first morning urine will probably have darker results compared to second urine of day.

Myblessing, baby dust to you! 3 IUI vials should give you a nice big window.
    Thanks so much!!!!
  • Options
    andrea1281andrea1281 Posts: 128
    edited November -1
    I used 3 vials for my #3 which I am 7 weeks with now. I did 5 hrs past, 17 hrs past, and about 29 hrs past. I'm 33. I did similar with my #1 and I was 29 at the time. Worked on the first try. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    andrea1281 wrote:
    I used 3 vials for my #3 which I am 7 weeks with now. I did 5 hrs past, 17 hrs past, and about 29 hrs past. I'm 33. I did similar with my #1 and I was 29 at the time. Worked on the first try. Good luck!

Do you remember your timing for your 1st & congratulations wishing you a healthy 9 months
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did first negative 2 days before ovulation at noon. Then the next day at noon positive then 8pm tht same day postitive. So we decide to inseminate 12-15hrs after 1st postivie. I tested before we did it and it was a negative. So we did it at 3am friday anyways. Then tested opk at noon friday am and it was a postitive. So we did next vial at 4 pm friday. I'm nervous I didnt time it right or cuz the opk negative and postitive issue. Ovulation was due on 21st
  • Options
    andrea1281andrea1281 Posts: 128
    edited November -1
    It was very similar with my first give or take a couple hours.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So was yours off? Did u get prego 1st time? Was my timing off?