Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

4 month shots.....Why is he so sleepy?

ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Is it normal for my baby to be so sleepy after his 4 month old shots? He has slept pretty much all day....Did this happen to any of you guys?

Comments

• 801logan801logan Posts: 261 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My girl usually takes a pretty good nap after shots. We only get one shot at a time but she still is pretty sleepy.
    S & L TTC #1
    July, Sept, Nov & Dec - All BFN
    Jan-May - Break
    June- BFP - loss @ 5 weeks
    Aug-BFN
    Sept- Dr assisted IUI- BFP @10DPI. It's a GIRL!! Our little girl was born 5/21/2015 healthy & happy!! :)
  • ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Yup, totally normal. Best naps ever, poor little ones!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
    edited November -1
    Ok Im glad its normal, I expected a fussy baby--instead I have this sleepy baby.
  • tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    Im not one for vaccines but even so, that seems scary to me. is it the additives like the metals in their causing it? cause no way the virus would affect them so quickly. that usually takes 24-48hrs so start fighting.
  • merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    Sleepiness after vaccines is 100% normal and no cause for alarm - as long as baby is still waking up to eat, there's nothing to worry about.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
    edited November -1
    merilung, he's eating like usual haha....he loves food, he seems much better today it was that initial day after that..
    edited November -1
    who knows, tinydancer...ive seen many a baby in the NICU with pertussis, and other ailments from exposure to non vaccinated children or from parents anti-vaccine views..Im not sure whats in the cocktail of drugs they give babies their first year but I would rather them be protected than to see what I have seen from avoidance of vaccines...
  • gprime11gprime11 Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    A babies immune response does not take 24-48hrs to respond to a vaccine. Being fussy, sleepy, and running a low grade fever is all normal for UP TO 48hrs post vaccine. If a little one is still showing signs of fever or lethargy after 48 hrs, it's worth a call to your Dr, but usually not a big problem as long as they are eating well. Q is always a little sleepy and has a fever that miraculously goes away right at the 48hr mark.
  • 2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My son takes the best naps ever after his vaccines! :) Totally normal.