Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

NOOOOO. my donor only had one vial left

tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I always get 2 and I've been watching the vials for a while, I just check tonight and it went from 5 vials to 1. the amount of crying I want to do is not even possible to tell you.

so I quick bought the one and now I'm debating if I need to add another same decent donor, can I just do that by calling them and not incur 2 shipping fees? I would think so.

this is likely my last month tryn to I just wanted to cover more time plus he only had IVF vials so the amount is VERY low. count is about 6-8 million. I'm just out of money to keep spending it like this. my next option will have to be free or just move on to menopause.

Comments

• jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited November -1
    I'm so sorry to hear that :(

Well, if you absolutely want at least 2 vials, I personally would find another donor completely instead of mixing 2 donors. You wont truly know who's history you have. Unless this doesn't really matter to you :)

I have some IVF vials of my donor. My partner got pregnant on an IUI and IVF vial. Who knows which one did the magic. Its truly just about timing. I've read women on here using 1 IVF vial and getting pregnant.

If this truly is your last try, I'd really consider finding a donor that has the type of vial and amount you're comfortable with, that way you'll have no regrets. I hope this is your monty Tiny Dancer. I've seen you around the forum, and would be sad to see you go. But I know this process is so difficult emotionally, physically and financially.

Baby dust and thoughts to you!
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    I dont care as long as I get pregnant. both donors are near the same BUT I wanted a donor with a picture. no others have one and I feel a connection w the one w a pic. I have used him 4 times already.

Im just at a loss but I suppose if I dont get pregnant, I could try with the other donor. as of right now, Im only taking the one vial.
  • FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    I would give NW a call, tiny dancer. There might be the off chance that there's a lonely vial available and it really doesn't hurt to ask.

If I were in you exact position would probably go with the 1 vial. I don't think I could ever chose a donor without a picture, but that's just me. I find it extremely comforting that I have those pictures to look at.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
    edited December 2015
    yes the picture made me feel and see something different. relatable maybe? I will call them. never even thought of that. thank you!
    I did search the boards to see if anyone was selling him.
    edited November -1
    still waiting to hear back on vials. my donor is still listed but I see none in his ordering area. fingers crossed I get one more vial
    edited November -1
    yup, hes all out and Im so sad. I had a real connection with this guy due to the pic. they say they can do a photo match to tell me what the other 2 asian donors look similar to in celebs but its $50 for that and takes several days.
    I may just stick with the one vial. or I will add the other w out seeing him.

do you know, if I order a donor and hes no longer in system f I can still see his info via my acct? I didnt print his info off yet (no printer) and just want to make sure I dont lose it.
  • FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Yes you can see his info.
    Just click on ththe number next to the vial, shipped or unshipped.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
    edited November -1
    well thats comforting at least. ty