Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

easing teething discomfort.

ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
can anyone give me any good remedies or suggestions to ease teething discomfort...Im almost positive my almost 5 month old is teething and i know he is in some discomfort...so besides frozen things anything else?

Comments

• Options
    momsquaredmomsquared Posts: 59
    edited November -1
    Amber teething necklace. Inspiredbyfinn.com is a reputable place to get one. You want raw, unpolished lighter colored Amber. They work like magic.
    December 2016 Ages 9,7,5 & 3
    IMG_4148.jpg
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    We relied on the following that seemed to do the trick for both kids: boob, Sophie (especially the big squeaky toy one), Carrot (organic cotton, under the nile) and their scrappy cats too (the arms/legs are perfect for gnawing on).

sophie-the-giraffe-so-pure-trio-baby-gift-set_2.jpg

carrot_grande.jpg?v=1439829666

organic-scrappy-cat-orange.jpg
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thomas loved to chew on washclothes, socks, and fabric in general.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MNmommas, i see kids everywhere with this giraffe....Ive considered buying it but thought it was kind of pricey.. I think I need to get this for him. Where did you get that carrot guy, I think he would love that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    momsquared, I love those amber teething necklaces but I'm too paranoid he will gnaw it till it falls apart and choke on it..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They should not be long enough to reach their mouth. They are not supposed to chew on them.
    ruedeodeon wrote:
    momsquared, I love those amber teething necklaces but I'm too paranoid he will gnaw it till it falls apart and choke on it..
    IMG_4148.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    momsquared, what use are they if you cant chew on them?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    M
    ruedeodeon wrote:
    momsquared, what use are they if you cant chew on them?
    The succinic acid that occurs naturally in amber is absorbed through the skin and is a natural pain reliever and anti inflammatory.
    IMG_4148.jpg
  • Options
    LbakerLbaker Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    Oliver was terrible about teething. He would never chew on anything, hated those frozen gel chewy things, and wouldn't wear the amber teething necklaces. The only thing that worked for us was freezing bananas and putting them in a mesh feeder, like this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Fresh-Feeder-Colors-Count/dp/B000GK5XY2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448849096&sr=8-1&keywords=mesh+teether
    4470a244-b3a2-4de4-ae57-11b81542c124_zpsdcbfdc20.jpg2ec06ca7-63d1-40da-a28d-1cb24fa3c150_zps63478b0d.jpg
    KrIUm5.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Second the Amber. I wore one on my ankle for years.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    I might be the odd one out here, but my kiddo was scared of Sophie. She would squeak and his little eyes would bulge and he would get a big pout face like he had no idea where that terrifying giraffe squeak was coming from. Needless to say, she didn't get much use. We gave her to the dog, so she ended up being a very expensive puppy toy. :/ However, SO many people love Sophie. My kiddo is hyper-sensitive, so if yours is too, it's something to consider. For us, we just let him chew on whatever toys he preferred. He had a wide variety of textures and sizes for toys, so that helped!
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ruedeodeon wrote:
    MNmommas, i see kids everywhere with this giraffe....Ive considered buying it but thought it was kind of pricey.. I think I need to get this for him. Where did you get that carrot guy, I think he would love that.

I think I got the carrot from the Under the Nile website, they have 20% off everything today for Cyber Monday so it'd probably be about $5-10. I think they also have them on other organic toy sites and probably on Amazon too. Just google '"under the nile" carrot' and you'll come up with plenty of options from where to buy, some which probably have great deals through the end of today.

We also got a great deal on Sophie through Diapers.com because I had some promo code. If you buy one from somewhere and it turns out that your kid isn't into it, you could probably find a buyer pretty quickly on Craigslist.

Any updates on the teething & comfort levels?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Carrot is currently $8 +free shipping from two third-party sellers on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Under-The-Nile-Carrot-Toy/dp/B000LFQ3GY