Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Disneyworld or Disneyland

sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
We were planning a Disneyland trip in Oct. Debeating between flying or renting a RV with the kids. Vanessa has to go to FL in April anyways so we tossed out doing Disneyworld instead. Amelie would at least fly free. E is 24-months so wouldn't fly free but would be free in parks. She is super tiny so I doubt they would even question her being 2 anyways. We are in Oregon so we would have a long flight if we did FL. I think I would only want 3 days at the park and 2 or so days of doing other local things. Everyone says Disney world is WAY more expensive. Anyone have experience with both?

Comments

• Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    yes, I have been to both and prefer Florida. they also have the free downtown disney which we love love love. i have traveled with all ages of kids including being pregnant and I really disliked CA one. its way smaller. just not even the same.

I would fly. that many kids in a RV would still not be fun.
    We always take advantage of the free flights and free passes while we can.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What's the free down town Disney thing? We would have 5 kids a 14-month-old, a 2, 6 and 2 8 year olds. I assume 3 days at the park there and 2 days of cheaper but fun things. I've only been to FL once but we didn't do Disney world. I've been to Disneyland so many times and my kids twice. We'll have three adults so that will help with the kids. We could separate and do different things some. I wouldn't even consider it given flights will probably be expensive but given Vanessa is already going we should consider it. She has a few days of training so we would need to overlap and figure it all out. I know she has to stay at a hotel as part of her contract but gets a discount.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We drove down 2 year ago with just the two boys at 3 & 5 and it wasn't too bad. About 17 hours. We did straight there with a few break stops and got a hotel on the way back. It suck though since I was pregnant and it was hot! We went for the 4th of July. Not my ideal time but I got last minute time paid off of work.
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited January 2016
    Downtown disney is a huge place with a water fountain area for kids to play in, tons of stores, lego land, my potato head store to play in for hrs... places to eat, train, merry go round, lots of things to see and do. they have a few places where people are playing music outside. its really big. we tend to stay in a hotel near ther so we can walk to it or take an off say there for a less walking day.

also, I have been there over 12 times but never go 3 days. 2 is my max. I get burnt out too fast. that mch walking and kids needs a day or 2 break in between before I will go out and do it again. so we stay for maybe 5-7 days and go to Disney 1-2 days and universal one day. the rest is pool and relaxing with downtown disney. we also pack all our snacks because the food at disney is super expensive and typically disgusting. we would only eat one big meal there.
    breaskfast we took out time at hotel. got to disney about 10 am, ate out lunches we brought then ate dinner there and home around 10pm.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I figured 3 days maybe since we don't feel rushed with 5 kids it slows things down and the two youngest still need naps. Possibly have 3 day tickets for one adult and just the 3 older boys and 2 day tickets for the other two adults and the babies wouldn't need any. A lot will depend on flight tickets. We have 3 kids and 3 adults. Well really 4 kids but it's all one price. Emelia is so tiny I doubt they would question her. She just turned 2 but is tiny. I don't think I'd feel right risking it though or even doing it. I did lie about Riley's age at Disney land at 3 though. I wasn't going to pay full price when he seriously couldn't do almost anything. He was too short for so much and almost everything he wanted by a few inches.
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Honestly they are not going to ask for proof if she is that small. we live in FL & go to Disney yearly. Isaiah was so small that up until about 8 he could not go on the roller coasters. Paying full price stinks when they can't participate so if you can/will I would. If you are a member of AAA sometimes they have deals on tickets to Disney. Or if your place of employment participates in TicketsAtWork they also have good prices. good luck.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    She would be free at Disneyland or disneyworld but the day they turn two they are no longer a lap baby on a plane and you have to pay full price. I fly with Riley at 15-months and they never ever asked for proof on the flight and he was big for his age. Bigger then she is now at 24-months but I have heard they sometimes ask and it's best not to risk it for flights. She'll probably sit on my lap the whole time anyways. She doesn't look at all 2 and weighs one pound more then she did at 9-months. She just turned two a few weeks ago and if we go it will be in March/April to disneyworld.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Most the trip is for the three older boys but we clearly need to take the two young girls.
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Sorry I completely read that wrong. I though you meant Disney for age. Maybe you could call the airline and explain to them her height/weight & see what they have to say.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT