Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Disney World Vacation

old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
edited February 2016 in Parenting and Life
Our family is starting to make plans to save for an all inclusive Disney World Vacation. I will be taking 3 of my disabled adult children and 1 disabled 10 yr old. We aren't interested in wild and crazy just to enjoy the park at our own pace. I don't think they would even be too interested in the rides. The more inclusive so I don't have to worry about too much the better. Any places or times we should avoid. My 26 yr old daughter has Downs. She LOVES Disney Princesses so much so if you know any places which would be great for us to visit please let me know. She is the main reason I want to take the trip. It will be a long one for us since we live in Nebraska. Any advice would be great.

Comments

• tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    do not go anytime near a holiday or spring break. those are the most flood times and complete hell to stand in lines or even be at when its so congested. aso try to avoid weekends. I usually arrive around 10ish in the morning and that seems better for lines.
  • momsquaredmomsquared Posts: 59
    edited November -1
    Book her a makeover at the bippity boppity boutique and have a meal with the princesses at magic kingdom
    December 2016 Ages 9,7,5 & 3
    IMG_4148.jpg
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call Disney and ask them. They have all sorts of special plans for visitors who need a little extra.
    The contemporary resort is within walking distance of Magic Kingdom if bus travel might be a problem
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Thank you all. I will write all these down. Oh she would LOVE a makeover and meal with princesses. It will be a once in a lifetime trip for us. If I hadn't spent so many years
    TCC then we could have done this sooner...but you can't go back in time just plan for the future.
  • ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    I went in early December a couple of years ago and it was a great time to go. Barely any people (for Disney standards) and you didn't have to wait forever to get on any of the rides.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    We usually go during the week. Like Tiny said do not go around holidays/spring breaks. I would also not recommend going in the summer. It is very hot at the parks during the summer time. We live in FL and we really enjoy going late sept, October, Jan or Feb. Not too many people and usually a little cooler. If you are a member of AAA sometimes they have good deals (3 days for the price of little more than a day. But I am not sure if that is just for FL Residents). Also tickets @ work sometimes has good deals as well as good hotel deals. We stay off site as it is cheaper but the experience of staying at the Park would probably be amazing for them.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT