Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

OT: 10 year anniversary present?

che_aramiche_arami Posts: 787
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I have apparently been quite preoccupied with the new baby because I completely forgot this august is our 10 year wedding anniversary!

I've got a few months to plan ahead obviously so I want to think of something good. most anniversaries/holidays/etc we don't do much other than go out to eat together, because usually we want to save money! but I feel like this is special enough to warrant something awesome.

dw is big into technology gadgets, but I don't want to do something like get her the latest fancy phone or something, because people do that anyway and it's not super meaningful or romantic. anyone have any ideas of even more spectacular gadgets OR just any romantic gift ideas in general? she also is quite the stereotypical lesbian and loved tshirts but that doesn't exactly scream romance to me either :)

you've got 5 months to give me good ideas! :)
got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!

Comments

• MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Can you go somewhere special? A romantic getaway, whether local or foreign?
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Too bad you don't live near Bill Gates estate. According to my parents (they toured his home: not sure if this is still available or if it was through dad's company) it was amazing and all the technology is top notch (was thinking dw would like something like that). Maybe if there is something similar to this close to you...
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    Some techi gifts that I've done and keep enjoying, are Bose wireless sound systems that can be Bluetooth connected to the phone, laptop, tablet... We use it all the time for indoor and outdoor fun. Especially the sound link, we take that camping, use it at parties, and even gardening. I don't know that it's for everyone but it's an idea.
  • fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's our 10 year this October too. I definitely want a trip. Two nights. Away. I also would love to go with another couple as we rarely get to participate together in adult social settings, unless it's for school. I'd like to be in good enough shape to look and feel confident dressed up, and I know my wife would too, so I'm thinking personal trainer starting this summer for both of us and wine country with friends.
    age.png

age.png
  • che_aramiche_arami Posts: 787
    edited November -1
    ooh these are all very good! research period commencing....
    got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!
  • dahhogreatdahhogreat Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    When I’m buying something for an occasion like this, I do want to choose something really special and meaningful rather than just go and buy some expensive device and call it a day. A trip to some great place, like it has already been suggested here, is a great gift, I think. Tickets to a show she might like will be great too. You know, something she will remember for a long time. Here’s what I often do: there are online shops that offer nice and unusual gifts (like this one, for example http://www.prunedanish.com/ ), and I shop for something interesting and unique and that definitely feels right for a person I have in mind. :) Anyway, have a great anniversary, whatever you choose to give to her!
  • diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
    edited November -1
    Last year was our 10 year anniversary so I decided to surprise my wife with a trip to Hawaii.