Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

This is me freaking out

dustysmomsbdustysmomsb Posts: 185
edited April 2016 in Parenting and Life
I had my son four years ago. Shortly after his birth his dad died. So I became a single mom. It has been hard but a beautiful ride. I decided to pursue a second child as a SMBC. I also decided to become a licensed foster parent. I have not been able to get pregnant and do not have the money to continue trying or move on to IVF. Today I got a call asking me to foster two boys age one and two. I really want to bring them home but am basically freaking off about just the logistics. Like how do you cross the street when you can't hold all their hands? How do you watch three small children in a swimming pool? How do I fit three car seats in my car? Strangely the big stuff isn't what worries me, but the small stuff. Any words of advice?
Me (29) SMBC to beautiful boy (4) and TTC #2.

Comments

• ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited April 2016
    Your mind is probably only allowing you to worry about the little stuff because if you thought about the BIG stuff you'd probably never go through with it! I don't mean that to deter you at all but I think it is true. The logistics work out and many a single Moms have survived 3 under 5 so I know you can too.

Crossing the street - hold the one year old on left hip, use other hand to hold 2 year olds hands and have 4 year old hold his other hand. Unless you've got a runner you should be ok :)

Swimming - don't do it alone. Stick to splash pads when you have 3 this little and bring a family member or friend (without their own kids) when you go to an actual pool.

3 car seats across sucks but can be done!

I am so impressed by people that can rise to these challenges and I look forward to hearing you laugh at how you worried about the "little" things!

Go for it!!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    Shanny hit it spot on.
    I had little ones at those exact ages, 4, 2 and 1. it was fine. I loved being a mom and I since I didnt know any different we just did it. now I rarely shopped with 3 kids but certainly we didnt stop living. parks, mall play area, beach etc.
  • kellyclaregonzalezkellyclaregonzalez Posts: 44
    edited May 2016
    I was a teacher and would have up to 12 two year olds in one classroom! (with one other assistant teacher. Could only have 6 alone) I think you can do it! Everything has to be childproofed. I think it helps to think like a teacher. They behave better when kept busy and are learning, even by play. Its not as hard as you think
    Jan.- Unmedicated IUI with donor sperm- BFN
    Feb.- Unmedicated IUI with donor sperm- BFN
    March- Unmedicated IUI with donor sperm- BFN
    April- 5 mg/day Letrozole cycle with ultrasound- Cancelled due to poor egg quality. Endometrioma found.:(
    May- 12.5mg/day Letrozole cycle- ??