Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Any Pregnancies with donor 8843?

JJ_95JJ_95 Posts: 11
edited November -1 in BFP Database
Hello, I am currently on my third round of Clomid and my second round of IUI. This cycle I will be using donor 8843. I was wondering if any ladies have had successful pregnancies with this donor? I know he's listed as "yes" for a past pregnancy. Just curious if you ladies who have used donor 8843 have had a boy or a girl? Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    theRozzistheRozzis Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hello!

I wanted to give an update on this donor. We our had our fourth IUI on Friday, 6/3/16. Donor 8843 had remarkable numbers. We purchased an IUI vial. After being washed through our clinic, they inserted 48 million motile sperm. This is amazing compared to samples we have received from other sperm banks. My doctor said he typically looks for a sample of at least 7 to 10 million, and noted that this was a great sample. We have our long awaited HCG Beta test on 6/17/16 and I will let you know if we got our BFP!

The Rozzi's
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Good luck. I used him one cycle but I think insem was too late so no bfp I am in tww if it doesn't work out I might try once more with him. What times did you use and number of vials
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    theRozzistheRozzis Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    New-mama,

Good luck to you as well! I was actually on the whole works in terms of meds. Femara, Gonal F, Estrace, Progesterone, and I triggered EXACTLY 36 hours before the IUI. My doctor urged that there is no evidence proving that more than one vial increases chance of pregnancy when doing an injectable IUI cycle, so we only used one vial. I have had three failed IUI's prior to this and with all three, I felt the timing was off as well. Are you triggering or using an OPK?
  • Options
    narleen1986narleen1986 Posts: 5
    edited September 2016
    Hi!

I want to give an Update on donor 8843. I just got inseminated today , the numbers and motility were good we did an IUI procedure. I felt A little bit of pain and after some spotting. I have been feeling cramps all day I am hoping for good results. I Will update in two weeks to let you know if I have BFP. Wish me luck and send some prayers this way...
  • Options
    heidi54311heidi54311 Posts: 17
    edited November -1
    Curious for the updates ladies! Did anyone get a bfp with this donor?
  • Options
    ashley21ashley21 Posts: 11
    edited November -1
    BFP!!!! I still can't believe it, I'm in shock!!!

So here's my story:

I purchased an IUI vial of donor 8843 and it was sent directly to my fertility doctor. I patiently waited for my period to begin my next cycle and the countdown was on. After an Ultrasound appointment to measure my follicles, I had two viable follicles forming, approximately the same size. A few days later I injected my trigger shot EXACTLY 36 hours before my IUI. Wednesday, October 25th I went in for my very first IUI with some much excitement, but a little nervousness as well. The doctor came in and reported that the sperm count was very high (over 20 million) and he usually only required a sample to be 10. I stayed so calm and collected during the procedure and then waited for 10 minutes before packing up and heading home. The next two weeks were nail bitingly slow. However on November 3rd I began having symptoms. By November 5th I was 90% sure I was pregnant, however I wasn't suppose to test until November 8th. My goal the entire wait was to literally wait to test till day 14 but on day 13 I woke up at 3am with the most elaborate dream that I was pregnant. I just couldn't take it anymore and I literally took a hpt at 4 in the morning. Sure enough the test was positive. On day 14 I went to my fertility clinic for blood work and my hcg level was 401!! Definitely pregnant with a really good number! Looking forward to the ultrasound in less than two weeks!

Can't wait to hear about more BFPs with Donor 8843!
  • Options
    berry190berry190 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    I have a beautiful 15 month old girl using this donor. 3rd home IUI was successful. Good luck to everyone.