Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

First period postpartum

ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
edited July 2016 in Parenting and Life
Sorry if this is tmi...... What is normal for a postpartum period? I had bleeding for about 5 weeks PP which stopped about a week ago. My PP bleeding slowly got darker until it dissappeared. About 3-4 days ago I started bleeding again with bright red blood. I have been bleeding more and more every day it seems. Today it seems crazy, I am filling a super plus tampon in an hour. Is this normal? My periods before I got pregnant were very light and only about 2-3 days long. I'm also been formula feeding since about 3 days old.

Edit: Also wanted to add that I've had way more cramping the normal, have been feeling completely exhausted and have been having a backache.
Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
TTC~
Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz

Comments

• Options
    hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    It may still be post partum bleeding, but that heavy, you may want to check with your doctor.

I breastfed until 13 months and I had bleeding until 5.5 weeks then stopped bleeding for about 6 days then started bleeding again until about 10 weeks, though it was only light to moderate. I had my first period at 11.5 months postpartum.
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first postpartum period was ridiculously heavy (filling an overnight pad in an hour at one point), but I didn't get it until 9 weeks postpartum. I do remember that my lochia kinda stopped and started a couple times, but I don't remember the exact timing.
  • Options
    diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
    edited November -1
    Mine came back at 6 weeks and was pretty heavy but not that bad.
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    It seems to be a little bit better today. The flow seems kinda off and on though. Still heavy sometimes, but I think it is slowing down.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz