Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Leap of Faith

old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I just worked out how I was going TTC once again in Sept. I am very happy about that. I had given up trying so I could handle a situation with my pregnant daughter. I decided it was best that I stand by her but not try to fix the problem...then last night I was sent an application to be considered for adoption what will be a very sick Down Syndrome baby boy to be born in a couple months...I have little money, my homestudy would need updated, my daughter and fiancé are still here but planning to move out soon, my house needs some repairs...the list could go on and on...I decided not to stress over it...I prayed and I know if God wants this to happen he will open the doors.... I hope I hear something soon though as I hate to put TTC on hold. I have this overwhelming desire and energy to clean house today....lol...

Comments

• Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    Im pretty sure I read about that boy today. Im confused tho are you considerig the adoption over TTC or both?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It couldn't be the same baby as it is a local private agency with families they know. I don't know what I am going to do for sure but since I am not going to try until the first part of Sept. it will give them a month to make a decision. They are on a time crunch to find a family. I am still planning on TTC unless they call me soon.
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    I'm so glad to hear this, old mama!
    Best of luck!!
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine sent me info on facebook about a downs baby due in September with a serious heart defect. I just feel so sad for this baby and I hope he finds amazing, loving parents. I don't know if this is the same baby, but I know you would be a blessing in his life. I wanted to apply for adoption myself, but I didn't already have a home study and that was a requirement.

Praying this works out for you!
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The baby I am talking about didn't come through Facebook as birthparents are being super fussy about who they choose but a Down's baby with a heart defect would be pretty common. I doubt we will be chosen for ours as I am pretty sure I can't get my homestudy updated in time. It was nice thinking about it and I do love a challenge. Over the years this is the type of child I would have chosen for my family...and have. I am still dealing with a pregnant daughter who I thought I had back on track and heading in a good direction but things were bad with again yesterday...ugh...my time for TTC is short because of my age...it is hard to decide whether to go on or not.
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    I'm really sorry. I know it is a hard decision. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png