Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Getting off a plan with 3 small sleeping children

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I'm going to take a double stroller on our trip to Disney World. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get 3 small children off a plane to the stroller that's waiting gate side at 3:30 in the morning? Will the flight attendants help carry out a kid? This is the only part of the trip that makes me a bit nervous.

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think flight attendants will carry children, I don't think they're allowed. You're going to have to wake them and make them walk. Best case scenario you could do a wrap and carry the smallest on your back, but even that is iffy. It's really only from the seat to the stroller for the smaller two. You can sit and wait for everyone else to deplane before you wake them, then you know your stroller will be waiting.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Agree with K & H. There's a good chance they will wake up when the lights go on and people start shuffling about (not to mention that damn pinging sound that goes off constantly during landing and deplaning). We always sit and wait until most people are off and that gives kids a few extra minutes to wake up and get their bearings.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I know it will cost but is there any way you can get an extra person to help. One time when I had several small children at home...and I am a single mom too...I offered a friend's teenage daughter a flat rate per day, all expense paid vacation with us. She was great with the kids. I was super good to her and made sure she had time to herself during the day...even with rides the small children sat and ate a snack and let her go on some rides and activities herself. She still talks about it and it made the difference between a stress filled trip and one that we could all enjoy.
  • FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    I know there's a service for parents who need a bit of help.
    I think it's called Extra Hands or Helping Hands. My sister looked into it for the first trip to Disney with her twins but a couple of her friends ended up joining them on vacation.

Waiting for everyone to exit first if the kids are asleep is a great idea and luggage will probably already be in the carousel once you get there and won't have to wait with the kids.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!