Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Phases, personality shifts and vaccines

ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Hey all, so my son (now 14 months) had all of his first year vaccines last week. He did very well with them, but a few days ago he had a fever and was very lethargic so we went to the er, they said that they can have reactions up to two weeks after the vaccines, is this right? Now, he's better but has almost had an attitude problem, won't cuddle, won't kiss, maybe it's just me. I know kids go through phases all the time so I'm not too worried but could this behavior be due to the vaccines? Let me know your experiences (also I don't want to hear stories of antivaxers)

Thank you for your input and advice

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    My children always had some sort of reaction...low grade fever, cranky, lethargic and just off for a couple days. Did they have you give him some baby Tylenol? I always gave mine a dose just before we went in and kept it up for a couple days if I felt they needed it. I think it made them feel better.
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with trying Tylenol. It may or may not help, but it certainly won't hurt. My daughter was very cranky the day after her most recent vaccines, to the point that day care called me to pick her up because she was crying inconsolably and had a fever of 100. Once I got her home I gave her some Tylenol and she was mostly back to her usual happy self (though still a bit less energetic than usual).
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Possibly more tired and as a result cranky since body actively building up the immune system
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Exact same symptoms happened with the little boy we babysit. He was about 13 months old at the time, he'll be 4 on Dec 5th. He also got the majority of his first year vaccines at that time, including mmr. He went from being the most loving cuddly little boy in the world to not wanting to be touched. He also had other changes in behavior. He was diagnosed with autism about a year ago. You make your own conclusions but all of us who have been around this little boy since birth feel the vacs caused it.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure if the vaccines interplay, but around 14 months my daughter started trying to establish independence. She would wax and wane from wanting to be held and wanting to explore the world
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
    edited November -1
    Thank you for all you input, he's much better now. I think he was cranky and also has began to assert his independence. Vaccines do not cause autism. The moron doctor who put the fear of this admitted that he lied. Hopefully people will soon see how silly it is to think so, and stop putting other babies and children at terrible risk by not vaccinating.