Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Birth story!

TurtlehartTurtlehart Posts: 834
edited October 2016 in Pregnancy and Babies
My wife was due to be induced on 10/11, but her water broke on the morning of 10/9 just as we were planning on getting breakfast with a friend and walk around the large flea market nearby. We waited until about 4:00 that afternoon and were thrilled at the thought of meeting our baby soon. He had other plans.
My wife was hoping to have a medication free delivery, but her labor ended up being approximately 38 hours. When she had been having contractions for nearly 11 hours with no progress, they started a slow Pitocin drip. She continued to work hard, and was repeatedly disappointed at the lack of progress. But, baby was doing well to this point, so they allowed her to continue.
Around hour 36, she could no longer stand the pain, and agreed to an epidural. She initially felt like there was too much feeling lost, so they turned the level down. But it really helped relieve some pain and allow her to rest a little.
After feeling like the epidural was working really well, the doctor came in to check her at hour 38 and she was still at only a 6. The baby was beginning to show signs of distress, so the decision was made to do a c-section.
As much as it was the last choice for his delivery, we are extremely grateful that the doctor really gave her no other option. When baby was pulled out, his cord was around his neck 3 times, and around his body too. He could not get any further into the birth canal than he already was.
He latched immediately, and has been eating like a boss since. He's pretty laid back and sweet, unless he's gassy. He pretty amazing, and I am so proud of my wife for all that she endured to bring him into this world.
Elliott weighed 7lbs exactly, and was 20" exactly, and born at exactly 11:30pm... my boy is detail oriented!
9u0jko.jpg
Our sweet boy has arrived after TTC'ing for 4 years!

Comments

• kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    he is so handsome! i just signed on to see if you had posted and i was the first to see :D congratulations again!!!!
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    He is precious! I'm dip glad everyone is doing OK.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    Congrats! He's gorgeous!
  • kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    I am so happy for you three! Congratulations guys! Get ready for the best time of your lives!
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! That sounds a lot like our birth with E, boy did that take forever!
    Glad everyone is ok and enjoying all the love!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    He's perfect!
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • LearningLearning Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    Absolutely adorable!
    SMBC: 44
    2012: Embryos created, CGH tested & vitrified from 2 IVF cycles.
    2016: FET of 2 Euploid, 5-day blastocysts. Singleton BFP.
    N5cVm5.png
    countdown-1461387600z1485583200zg.png
    tt1d2203
  • perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats! He is adorable!
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Handsome little guy. Congratulations.
  • tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    hes so cute. I typically get weary of any c sec stories but yours seems super warranted. Im sorry you had to go thru that yet have a perfect boy and hopefully wife healing from all that she went thru.
    yay, congrats on your new one :)
  • Ksquared33Ksquared33 Posts: 56
    edited November -1
    Wonderful! He is absolutely perfect! Congrats!
  • OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe I should write my birth story .. my water broke too, but labor took off from there 0 to 60 lol ..not what I expected.
    You're little man is so perfect! Hope you guys are doing well yourselves. That first week was brutal for me. I think I cried everyday the first two. Week 3 has been full of acceptance of what is. :p
  • StephnHeidsStephnHeids Posts: 407
    edited November -1
    Yay!!! He's so handsome <3
  • grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited November -1
    Beautiful Baby! I'm so happy for you!
  • MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    What a sweet, perfect little baby! <3 So very happy for you & your family, Turtlehart. Congratulations! :)
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Jackie SMBCJackie SMBC Posts: 16
    edited November -1
    Congrats to you! He is very handsome! Glad everyone is doing well and that you had great Doctors who paid attention.
  • flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited October 2016
    oh that's such a lovely little face. Our baby had her cord wrapped and I didn't get to have the labor I'd ideally wanted, so I know that sucks, but that it's also such a relief when they're out safely. Enjoy!
  • ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    He is beautiful. :) The birth story sounds very similar to mine. I really didn't want a C-section, but was glad that I did as my daughters cord was wrapped around her shoulder twice.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz