Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Help with timing for ICI

arogers470484arogers470484 Posts: 96
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi everyone,

My wife and I will be doing our first insemination towards the end of this week or maybe this weekend and I'm wondering if you all could offer advice on the timing for ICIs? We have two vials that we are working with; I'm 31 years old and usually ovulate between CD14 and 17. I'm thinking that we should do the inseminations at 12 hours and then 24 hours after positive OPK. I would love your thoughts and opinions! Thank you all in advance!

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I just want to wish you lots of luck and hope you are a "lucky first timer" I can't help with timing. I have struggled with that for years.
  • Options
    hopeful2016hopeful2016 Posts: 81
    edited November -1
    Good Luck. I am like old mama with timing. Me and opks don't get a long well. lol I could never get the timing right. I can tell you what I have done. This cycle, I did mine at 20 hours and 33 1/2 hours after I triggered. I used IUI this time, which live for about 6-12 hours. When I did ICI's I did them at 18 and 36 hours after a positive opk. I have a tilted cervix.

ICI's live for about 12-24 hours. How often are you testing with opk's?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good Luck. I am like old mama with timing. Me and opks don't get a long well. lol I could never get the timing right. I can tell you what I have done. This cycle, I did mine at 20 hours and 33 1/2 hours after I triggered. I used IUI this time, which live for about 6-12 hours. When I did ICI's I did them at 18 and 36 hours after a positive opk. I have a tilted cervix.

ICI's live for about 12-24 hours. How often are you testing with opk's?

This is our first cycle actually trying so I plan to test with OPK's multiple times a day. I'm thinking at least twice a day but maybe even three times a day when I think I'm close to my positive, just so I can catch the surge as early as possible to be more accurate with timing. I feel like 12 hours and then 24 hours after a positive is good timing for me but I'm just so nervous!!
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I tested 2-3 times per day. We inseminated at 12 and 24 hours past positive the first time (got pregnant, but miscarried). The second time we had to work around Christmas, so it ended up being 9 & 26 hours (that baby is now 5 years old). We will be TTC again in February and plan to not change a thing.

Your plan sounds great to me!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SPJ&E wrote:
    I tested 2-3 times per day. We inseminated at 12 and 24 hours past positive the first time (got pregnant, but miscarried). The second time we had to work around Christmas, so it ended up being 9 & 26 hours (that baby is now 5 years old). We will be TTC again in February and plan to not change a thing.

Thank you for sharing, this makes me feel very positive about my timing. Good luck to you when you start trying again!
  • Options
    GeredavisGeredavis Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    SPJ&E wrote:

Thank you for sharing, this makes me feel very positive about my timing. Good luck to you when you start trying again!

Did either of you end up pregnant with 1317? Ordered his vials yesterday!