Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Natural labor induction after 40 weeks

starviewchickstarviewchick Posts: 348
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Any suggestions? Walking, orgasms, nipple stimulation and cleaning the house did nothing..

Comments

• Options
    MomsT&OMomsT&O Posts: 103
    edited November -1
    With my daughter I walked up and down stairs for about a half an hour, then I did lots of squats. I was 39+1 and had her 39+2. Good luck.
    Moms to a 4 year old (NW conceived)
    Angel Baby 08/13/2016
    TTC our Rainbow starting September 2018!
    Me (24, carrying) DW (23)
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get your membranes stripped. Everything else is just sorta wishful lol but most things don't hurt to at least try...
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    stairs 2 by 2, black cohosh makes the cervix mushy which is more important than how open since it will pop open more easily... foods that make you poop alot, squatts, bouncing on a yoga ball, doing the roger rabiit dance or any type of bouncing dance. LOL
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, ladies! I just walked for 3.5 hours and my legs are falling off... I hope it will move things along a bit.

Tinydancer: do you swallow black cohosh or use it vaginally?
  • Options
    MomsT&OMomsT&O Posts: 103
    edited November -1
    I also used evening primrose oil capsules vaginally for a few days and it made my cervix extremely soft. I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but I only pushed for about 2 minutes and baby was out! I think black cohosh would have the same effect.
    Moms to a 4 year old (NW conceived)
    Angel Baby 08/13/2016
    TTC our Rainbow starting September 2018!
    Me (24, carrying) DW (23)
  • Options
    gprime11gprime11 Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    Acupuncture and a ton of oregano got me going
  • Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    My midwife said nipple stimulation can help but that it has to be for a really long time. I can't remember how long she said exactly but it was way longer than I would've been able to do it for.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Today I asked my OB to strip my membranes but he told me he does not do that due to the risk of infection.. I guess I will have to just wait till Monday when I will be induced with the pitocin:(
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    I cleaned my house from top to bottom. I tried all the other methods, but they didn't do anything for me. Cleaned and boom, my water broke. Lol
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz