Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Baby and the cat

ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
So my son who is 15 months old, lately has been being very nasty to the cat. Our cat is very friendly and never snaps or bites. He has been slapping and throwing things at her. I yelled today and feel bad but how does one address this aggression to the cats? I'm sure this is a phase, but I want him to be gentle like he use to be. He has never seen aggression towards animals/people ect. Any advice?

Comments

• New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Not sure if this will help. When my nieces and nephews are too rough with my dogs i tell them no. Then I sit them down and tell them they causing ouches or that the dogs get sad when they are hurt or that they are making the dogs cry. Whichever they can relate to the best. Then I show them how to nicely pet my dogs.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Get to his level in his face and sternly tell him "No" and whatever else you need to say. I always used words like you have to be gentle with kitty. We always had cats around the kids and I never tolerated aggressive behavior even in tiny children. He will learn if you are consistent. If you are having a bad day and he won't quit I would move the kitty to a safe room for a time until he settled down. It's something they have to learn.
  • kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    I'm having the same issue. E wants to hit the cat and pull the dogs' tails.

We are teaching her "gentle hands" and not to hit or pull. It's hard at this age because they don't really get it

We basically have to follow her everywhere to make sure everyone's okay
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018