Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Bleeding

FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I (think) have not posted on here about my frustrations and scares with brown discharge and bleeding I've had for the past month. TMI ahead.

From week 5 I've been spotting brown and in a handful of occasions I've had bright red blood when I wipe that has barely reached the pad. I've even had 2 small bleeds with small clots. Up to Friday 21st, everything was ok.

Today I felt like a lot of discharge was coming out and I found my pad had blood on it when I checked in the bathroom. I had been feeling discomfort but no cramps. I do have a high tolerance to pain so who knows if they were actually cramps.
It was so much when I wiped that I decided to change the pad to a heavier absorbency one in case it continued. I noticed the bleed around midnight and just now (5am) the red blood is turning brownish which probably means it's stopped.

I thought the bleeding was related to the progesterone suppositories and I'm sure some of it was. But this much bleeding cannot be from an irritated cervix, it's just too much.

I'm scared. I know there's nothing I can do. This baby is either meant to be or not but the not knowing is frustrating. I've gone to 3 unscheduled US because of the bleeding and it's always turned out to be a false alarm. Hopefully this is too.

Anyone experienced bleeding/spotting continuously and not miscarried?
tt1d429d
TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!

Comments

• Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I don't have any experience, but I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep for the first few months with my oldest I would period like bleeding. Hope all is well. It's normal.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I spotted a bit .. but my close friend didn't know she was pregnant for a few months because she thought she was having regular periods! She went on to have a healthy baby. Also I'm on other forums where many woman have had bleeds and also delivered successfully. The unknown is the worst- fx everything is A okay. Hugs.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you guys, it's the not knowing that it's really getting to me.
    I can't continue paying $250 every time I bleed to my RE for an US and the office I went in Mexico at 6weeks is not open till Monday.
    I will see if my sister is willing to do one at work, the problem is there's a lot of watchful eyes that might start asking questions and I'm not ready for people to know I'm pregnant.
    I'll try to hold out as much as possible.
    tt1d429d
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    I had constant spotting/bleeding the first 13 weeks of my last pregnancy including 2 HUGE bleeds in week 6 - much heavier than a period with clots the size of my hand - and Freddie was totally fine. Hang in there, I know how horribly stressful it is. I did 18+ ultrasounds in the first trimester and most were for my own peace of mind.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts.
    I have searched and searched the internet and most people talk about spotting incidents but rarely about how often it can happen. That's what scares me, plus the fact that I've had zero pregnancy symptoms. Even the pelvic pressure I had since the beginning is gone.
    Thank you for the reassurance, I can only hope everything is ok.
    tt1d429d
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    Sending lots of good thoughts to you. Hopefully it's just a minor subchorionic hemorrhage that will resolve itself with time.
  • Options
    grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited November -1
    Have you been released by your RE? Will you be with an OB? I really feel for you , and this added worry isn't good. I know when others have bled they kept off their feet as much as possible. I hope it resolves fast.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, I have another appointment with the RE on Friday. Still not sure if he'll release me then. Last time they told me they would release me once I produced progesterone at a certain level (can't remember the number).
    The bleeding comes and goes. I might go a day without bleeding and then it comes back. This last time it was the heaviest and longest.
    I just can't help but feel I'm not pregnant anymore. I'm either extremely lucky that I have no ms or any other symptom or baby is no longer there. OR I might just be having ridiculous thoughts and worrying too much.
    I have many things to do tomorrow morning so I don't know if I'll be able to go for an us.
    tt1d429d
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I had virtually no morning sickness or symptoms that early... Don't count yourself out yet :)
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
    edited November -1
    I only had minor bleeding with this pregnancy that I could relate to very specific activities so my OB restricted me at work and it stopped. So I can't help much in that regard.

However, I can tell you that the only pregnancy symptom I have had was minor fatigue. I never had any morning sickness or anything else. It worried me a lot but I'm 26 weeks pregnant now.
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    I am glad to hear this because all I have is fatigue and is not every day.
    I only had minor bleeding with this pregnancy that I could relate to very specific activities so my OB restricted me at work and it stopped. So I can't help much in that regard.

However, I can tell you that the only pregnancy symptom I have had was minor fatigue. I never had any morning sickness or anything else. It worried me a lot but I'm 26 weeks pregnant now.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    Fingers crossed that everything is okay! For what it's worth, I had extreme bleeding on a few separate occasions. So much that I passed clots the size of a golf ball and bled for several days each time. It came and went throughout the first trimester. It was so scary. The thought it was probably a SCH, but never found one on ultrasound. Everything turned out fine and my 9 month old son is a bouncy happy boy. :) I hope your situation turns out positively as well!
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I read these and oh so hope that is what happened to me and kick myself for not going to dr. when it first happened.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you.
    I guess I do have a couple of symptoms. I do get fatigued sometimes. If I go long periods of time without eating I get dizzy, shaky, my stomach feels like it's upside down, and my legs feel weak. And I wake up feeling like my chest is burning from the thirst so I have to gulp down ice cold water until I cool down so I can go back to sleep.
    Wasn't able to go for the US but I think I'm going to try to relax and wait until Friday. It's reassuring how many people here have told me it's normal, plus I have my sister who's an ER doctor and my BIL the nurse telling me it's normal too. Need to get it through my thick skull and enjoy the pregnancy.
    tt1d429d
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    My wife had a couple of bleeding episodes in the first trimester. It was very scary, but ended up not being anything of significance. I hope you and the baby are okay. Please keep us posted
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    l called my sister this morning to rant because the employee nurse at the hospital refused to give me the flu shot while in the first trimester and told me I would need to wear a mask to work until I got it.
    I know it's more dangerous not to get the flu shot, specially since I work at the hospital and in close contact with ER patients.
    My sister (who's a dr too) called the ob dr she had recommended to me from the hospital and they were able to squeeze me in on Wednesday!
    Never had sis pull strings for me but soooo grateful she did this time!
    tt1d429d
  • Options
    LearningLearning Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    I had spotting EVERY single day from 5w1d to 13w3d with 2 episodes of immediate bright red blood with a large clot (enough such that I was absolutely sure I miscarried). I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma (etiology unknown) that I suspect resulted from my 2nd embryo attempting to burrow into my lining. I am currently pregnant with healthy singleton. The bleeding (and abject terror) finally stopped once the baby/sac was large enough to occupy my entire uterus & put pressure up against the hematoma.

I know it's unnerving & every single time you use the bathroom you are afraid to look at the TP but just know that this bleeding does not necessarily indicate the embryo has been harmed.

I will be thinking of you & hope the very best for you & your LO!
    SMBC: 44
    2012: Embryos created, CGH tested & vitrified from 2 IVF cycles.
    2016: FET of 2 Euploid, 5-day blastocysts. Singleton BFP.
    N5cVm5.png
    countdown-1461387600z1485583200zg.png
    tt1d2203
  • Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    It definitely sounds like if it has been fine so far, it's going to keep being fine.

I didn't have any bleeding but I had hyperemesis and then one day I woke up with it completely gone. I thought something must be wrong. Got an US because I was freaking out. It was gone for just over 1 day and then came back exactly as it was before. The 1st trimester is such a rollercoaster.

Good luck!