Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Our birth story

kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
We were scheduled for our induction Fri Oct 21 at 1am. We went in, got to our room, and settled in. I had no idea we would be there for 86 hours. When I first got there, I was barely 1cm, about 70% effaced, and my cervix was completely posterior. Getting check was super painful. They placed Cervidil and I swear a man invented it. It felt so sharp and was very painful. Mostly because my cervix was behind Baby A's head. It was there for 12 hours. Another check when it came out and I was still barely 1cm, but about 80% effaced. Onto another round of Cervidil and 12 hours later I hadn't progressed at all. The next step was to put a foley catheter in my cervix. When I dilated, it would just slip out. What I failed to realize is that they weighted it off the edge of my bed and it was super uncomfortable. They also started pitocin at the same time. This sounded like the winning combo. Four hours later it slipped out and I was so relieved. I was checked and about 3cm. Yay progress!! They kept me on the pitocin. The only contractions I was having were Braxton Hicks. My uterus was so stretched that the pitocin was having no affect on it at all. According to the nurse, most women really feel it at 8ml. I went up to 26ml three times with a break in between. I went for a half hour walk while I was off the pitocin. That bumped me up to 4cm that could possibly stretch to a 5. At this point, we were approaching 67 hours of induction. At about 11pm, I actually started feeling real contractions about 3 min apart. My doula came, gave my hubby a break, and I called my parents to come back to the hospital. At this point, I thoroughly hated the monitors. I couldn't use the mobile monitors because they aren't set up for twins. The boys wouldn't stay on them and I had the nurses in every 10 min it seemed to readjust. The straps were irritating and I was just done with them at this point. At 3:30am, I got an epidural. I passed out almost immediately I was so tired. When I was awake I was shaking like crazy. The doctor came in around 8:30. We talked about our options. He said I could keep laboring as long as everyone heart rates and vitals were good, but I was still only 4cm. I was so frustrated and exhausted. I talked to DH, my parents, and my doula. After a half hour of weighing options, we decided on a c section. They prepped the OR and before I knew it I was being wheeled in. DH and my doula were allowed in the OR. DH held my hand, my doula took some amazing pictures. Jacen Oliver was 7lbs 3 oz. Kycen Murphy was 7lbs 2 oz. Kycen needed a bit of oxygen right after birth, but he's good. We got skin to skin pretty quick while still in the OR. They stitched me up and we've been managing since. I'm so grateful the the amazing nursing staff at the hospital. They were so supportive and really cared about us. Also I don't think we could have gotten through that first week as well as we did without my parents. Their support was invaluable. DH is wonderful with them. I have a few friends that have less than stellar partners. Right now, we're all doing well. They latched on immediately. They did lose 10% of their weight and the pediatrician freaked out. He said I had to supplement with formula. I tried. Kycen ate 1/2 oz in an hour. I cried. Then I started pumping and giving them that. So far, it's working. Tinypic isn't working right now. I'll update with pics when it stops being a pain.
k4xs7.jpg
ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!

Comments

• Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    Wow! What a story! I'm so glad everyone is safe and sound :)
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    caliejonescaliejones Posts: 222
    edited November -1
    OH......CONGRATS....it is Sooooo good to hear from you!!!! Many of us have been very concerned!!! So glad everything is ok. You had big twins!!! Good Job Mama!!!
    Congrats...Congrats.....Congrats!!!!! Can't wait to see pics!
    34t6ff7.jpg
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I was worried. It sounds like you had a rough time. I am glad everyone is on the mend and your babies are here! Such a hard fought battle but you got the prize!!!
  • Options
    perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am so glad everything is ok. Congrats on having the twins!
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • Options
    hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! I'm glad to see you're all doing well!
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • Options
    diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
    edited November -1
    So glad to hear everyone is doing well!! Congratulations!! Can't wait to see them!!
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    I am glad to hear everyone is doing well. Congratulations on your two little miracles.
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    Congrats! I'm so happy to hear everyone is doing well.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on healthy babies!!! Just wondering if you've continued to pump/try breastfeeding? If it's something YOU want give it your best - rooting for you!! :)
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    I'm so happy to read this! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    piscespowerpiscespower Posts: 313
    edited November -1
    Glad everyone is safe and sound!! Congrats on your guys!!!! ❤❤❤
    Baby #1 Erin 35 & Michael 39 (Met 3/98, Married 6/13). TTC since 10/08.
    3 losses: 8/12 @ 8 wks (ep); 11/13 @ 6 wks (mc); 1/14 @ 5 wks (ep,tube removed). 4 NW Donor Cycles: all BFNs. IVF: E.R. 7/2/16---12 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized through icsi, 5 made it to blast! PGS results: 3 out of 5 perfect! E.T. 2 5 day blasts on 8/30! BFP 4dp5dt! 6w4d u/s confirmed: It's twins!
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    So glad everyone is safe. Hope you are recovering well. Congrats & I can't wait to see the boys
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    What a marathon. Glad the boys are out safely and you've got good support. My baby lost 10% of her body weight in the first 24 hours too and she was already on the smaller side. We did a tiny bit of supplementing at the beginning, and then once in a while over the first few months. Didn't effect breastfeeding at all.
  • Options
    F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear everyone is doing well!!!
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • Options
    grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited November -1
    Congratulations, Glad you are all safe!
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    I rarely come on here, but I wondered if it was time for the babies to make their entrance. I guess I checked in at the right time. Congratulations to you both and welcome to the world little ones! I'm thinking of you all. I hope you're recovering well and not in too much pain. I didn't intend on a c section either, but had one as well. I know it is a lot to be a new parent, plus add twins and then your recovery on top of it. It sounds like you have great support:-) Keep taking care and if you ever want to chat about twin stuff or whatever I'm up for it. Our babies just turned 5 months ! Wow!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you all! We are truly blessed. These boys are amazing. Yes I'm still breastfeeding and I pump when he doesn't stay on for very long. We had a weight check today and he's gaining again.

My incision is infected though :( so I'm dealing with that. Luckily I don't mind sitting around and snuggling my boys :D
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    Yaaaay so happy to hear from you! Welcome baby boys <3<3<3
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about the incision. I hope it heals quickly. As for the breastfeeding, awesome! Have you tried tandem feeding? I started this early on and it goes well. I like to feed individually too. Enjoy snuggling those sweet babies. They grow and change so quickly--take lots of pictures of you all:-)
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes we tandem most of the time with the football hold. They are generally on the same schedule. I'm so thankful for that.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My twins are 30 now. They were 10 weeks early. I pumped from the beginning so when they fed them thru the tubes they got my breast milk. At about 6 weeks they let me try to breast feed, they latched immediately. I tandem fed them until they were about 18 months old, then they stated eating regular food and didn't nurse as much and I just breast fed them whenever they wanted it up until they were about 2 1\2.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    StephnHeidsStephnHeids Posts: 407
    edited November -1
    Yay!! So glad everyone is doing well. I hope that your incision heals quickly <3
  • Options
    katelmkatelm Posts: 268
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!! That's a heroic birth story, and big twins too, good job Mama! I hope you heal quickly and that feeding & pumping goes smoothly from here on out.
    My amazing wife is the bedrock of our family. Three beloved foster children now in far flung places. One beautiful son born in March 2011. One amazing daughter born December 2014. We are blessed!

puzpm5.png

RIiYm4.png
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    Glad everyone is going well! Congrats!
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    I am so so happy for you! I know it's been a long road. Blessings to you & your spouse & little ones!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    TurtlehartTurtlehart Posts: 834
    edited November -1
    I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations on your boys!
    Our sweet boy has arrived after TTC'ing for 4 years!