Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Heartburn

JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
So I've had heartburn off and on throughout the pregnancy but the past few days have hit an all new level. Nothing seems to help. I've tried Zantac, Tums, and apple cider vinegar. And it doesn't seem to matter what I eat (heck, even water gives me heartburn right now) or how small/large the meal is.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm desperate.
LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.

Comments

• ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    Have you tried drinking a glsss of milk? Towards the end of my pregnancy everything gave me heartburn. I found that drinking a glass of milk and eating smaller meals helped.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are at exactly the same spot. It's been so bad. What I tried today was switching from my tap water to bottled water. Just today it has made a HUGE difference. Monumental. I had NO heartburn all day, until I ate a choc chip cookie, then omg it was a volcano.
    So my new plan is cut the sugar and drink only bottled water and see what happens. I'm actually feeling hopeful!!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    I have chronic heartburn. I find what helps me is chewing gum. The saliva that the gum creates helps alleviate the acid. Do not use Mint gum. I always use a fruity gum. Might be worth a try.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone!

I've been drinking milk but not before every meal. I tried it with dinner last night and breakfast this morning and it seems to be helping a bit. I also switched to a whole milk so I'm hoping the extra fat is helping. And unfortunately, I can't chew gum. I have serious issues with my TMJ so I was banned by both my dentist and oral surgeon several years ago. I will pretty much do anything to avoid irritating my TMJ again (especially since I can't take muscle relaxers or anti-inflammatory meds while pregnant).
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
    edited November -1
    Drinking milk helps with my heartburn also. Mostly though I've found that if I snack through the day, even when I'm not hungry, I can avoid it.