Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

GD blood sugar level question

perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I had pre diabetes before I got pregnant. My doctor is considering me diabetic and having me check my sugar levels. I have a range of 90-110 when I wake but I take levothroxine and it can rise your sugar. I take it at 4:40 and go back to sleep. I do this because you have to wait an hour before you eat. So I eat at between 6-7 and in the morning I can't eat carbs or my sugars go to high. He wants them between 90 and 110 2hrs after a meal. Today my sugars stayed under 110 2 hrs after a meal until 4:30. I was hungry around 1:30 but my mom was getting off and wanted to eat together and she thought she would be there by 3 so I waited. I fell asleep and did t end up eating until 4:30. I ate some nuggets with a little bit of ketchup and 2hrs later my sugar was 131. Ive eaten this before and it usually stays around 108. Is it just a random rise? And If I am being considered diabetic already will the do the blood test sooner?
Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!

Comments

• Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going without food for too long can actually raise your blood sugar with GD, so the issue was probably the amount of time you went between meals. I had to really stick to my schedule.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I usually try to eat every 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Little snacks and so. Normal days my sugar does fine. I even ain't a small bag of chips and a sum turkey and cheese it was 104 two hours later. So I'm hoping it was just the wait of not eating.
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know anything about sugars or numbers, but why not just eat as if you're already diagnosed as diabetic?
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    I'm pre-diabetic when not pregnant and diabetic when I am. Blood sugars can be all over the place until 20 weeks or so, and then they steadily rise the rest of pregnancy.

If you were pre-diabetic prior to pregnancy, they'll likely skip the GD test altogether. Have they sent you to an endocrinologist yet? If not I'd ask for a referral. You'll likely need oral meds or insulin later on, as your body was already insulin resistant prior to pregnancy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I already take Metformin and my Obgyn does GD pregnancy and high risk. I have an endocrinologist but I want go back to her. I have MTHFR and she told me it was nothing to worry about and I stopped taking aspirin my last pregnancy and didn't know I had to take it for 36 weeks. My cousin has the same Obgyn and she had GD with her baby tha was just born in October. He already told me I'm considered diabetic but he didn't say I didn't have to try. I do have to write down all my sugar levels and take them with me every visit. So far my sugars have been really good overall with me watching what I eat. I am working on lowering my fasting sugar mainly.