Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Birth Story

b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
In the middle of a cluster feeding marathon, so I figured I'd write out my birth story!

On November 23 at 5am I woke up to a small gush. I knew deep down it was my water, but I pretended it wasn't until I felt another. I ran to the bathroom and suddenly it was pouring out of me. Woke up my wife, called L&D, and we headed in! I made my wife stop at McDonald's on the way there and In the drive thru line I soaked through the two towels we put on the seat.

Once we got to L&D I was pretty much immediately admitted considering my pants were soaking wet and when they asked for a urine sample all I could do was leak water all over the cup (ew!).

Got admitted. 3cm. Contractions coming every 5-8 minutes. I genuinely enjoyed working through them. Until it got to about 8 hours in. I had dilated to a 3.5 and contractions were that closer together. The doctor told me I could go a few more hours or they'd start me on pitocin. I chose to try natural for 5 more hours. Which did nothing. By that point I was cool with pitocin. I contracted on pitocin for 4 hours with no interventions. It was hard as hell. I was no longer enjoying it. I begged for an epidural, but everyone encouraged me to try nitrous first. It was horrible. I felt drunk. Like too drunk. So I finally got an epidural which was very painful to get it mainly because the contractions were so close but much better once it took effect.

This is where things went downhill. I got a fever of 103. Fevers make me delusional. I remember them telling me I had an infection and the baby would need antibiotics in the NICU. Then I remember them telling me I was at 9cm. I tried pushing soon after but the fever was throwing me off. It was like I had no idea where I was. I kept asking if I was supposed to feel outside my body and they told me I was okay. Sometimes they let me rest. This went on for 6 hours until someone decided to give me Tylenol. Finally I could focus and push! I started to get the hang of it. I could feel the transition. I was excited.

Then I lost a lot of blood. Cue delusions again. I kept asking if the baby was okay and then immediately telling them I was going to faint. They seemed concerned but kept having me push. I'm surprised I didn't faint. The doctor doing the delivery was awesome and gave me pep talks. I honestly think it would have come to a c section if it wasn't for him.

Finally he was born. He was perfect. 7 pounds 12 ounces. 21.5 inches. First baby born on Thanksgiving so he got a special turkey hat which the nurses were really excited to present to us.

All in all, it wasn't what I expected, but he's here and healthy. I'm learning parenting is a lot about survival and adaptation. Half the things we said we would never do we've done and he's only a little over a week old! We are all learning together. It's the best ride of my life so far and it is just beginning! I posted a pic in my other post but I'll try to get around to posting one here too :)
Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!

Comments

• Options
    ana8284ana8284 Posts: 628
    edited November -1
    Wow! It sounds like little man had quite the journey getting here and you had it quite rough! Glad everyone is happy and healthy! Congrats ladies!
    27zc85c.jpg

IUI #1- 07/12-BFN, IUI #2 08/12-BFN, ICI at home 10/12- BFN, Back to Back IUI #3 08/13-BFN, IUI #4 09/13-BFN, IUI #5 03/14- BFN, IUI #6 05/14- BFN, IUI #7 06/14-BFN
    KD-10/14-BFN KD-12/14-BFN IUI #8 3/15 BFN, IUI #9 4/15 BFN, IUI #10 6/17 BFN
    Potential Adoptive Parents- Baby Due November 2017!
    IUI #8 04/15- BFN
  • Options
    StephnHeidsStephnHeids Posts: 407
    edited November -1
    Wow! What an eventful birth! So glad you didn't have to have a c-section.
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    That is quite the birth story that you'll get to share with your little guy when he's older. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like it was exhausting, but I'm glad it all worked out for the best in the end and that you were able to have a vaginal delivery!
  • Options
    grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited November -1
    I loved reading your birth story! It sounds hard to me, but well worth it!
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    So glad that you guys are OK. Congratulations
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Wow. That's some birth story. I'm glad it all worked out in the end. Congrats!
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    Even reading that made me feel tired! So glad he's here and safe. I saw the other post too - Great name!
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    Wow! I'm glad you are both okay and that your little one is here to snuggle. ???? Enjoy as the time goes by so fast!
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    Thanks, everyone! He was worth every bit of the challenge :)
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!