Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Failed my 1hr GD test

JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I just got the message from my doctor that I failed the 1 hr gestational diabetes test. I don't know why I'm feeling so down about the news but I am. I didn't even miss the cutoff by that much - 149. So now I need to go in tomorrow morning to take the 3 hr test, which honestly sounds like a form of torture. Fasting for at least 8 hours followed by a sugary drink and being unable to eat for another 3 hours while almost 30 weeks pregnant? And to make matters worse, I almost never eat or drink sweet things so the syrup drink usually makes me gag.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just feeling very frustrated right now.
LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.

Comments

• Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take something to read while you wait. The sitting around between blood draws was the worst part from me.
  • Options
    perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry that you have to go through the 3hr test. One of My cousins failed the 1hr but still passed the 3hr. So hopefully that will be what happens for you as well.
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    I failed my 1 hour and passed my 3 hour easily. I went to sleep between blood draws.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! I went in for the test this morning and it was a bit painful (I have really bad veins so the techs had to be creative) and exhausting but it's finished. Luckily, one of my friends gave me the fantastic advice of bringing food with me so I could eat immediately after. I don't remember the last time I was that hungry so cheese and crackers were a welcome sight.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.