Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

30 weeks and stomach bug

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi all, I'm 30 weeks and we all have a stomach bug. I threw up three times last night and have been able to hold down water, apple juice, broth, and a little bit of rice today.
The baby is kicking and moving around, but sometimes there are spots of slightly sharp pain when he kicks. He could just be getting bigger?

When do I worry and what do I watch out for?
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    starviewchickstarviewchick Posts: 348
    edited November -1
    Most likely the pain is unrelated to the bug. I would just concentrate on staying hydrated and resting. Get better soon!
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    It's probably just the baby getting bigger. With the stomach bug your muscles could be sore and a little more sensitive. If your concerned go in and get checked out. It never hurts to be reassured. Keep hydrated. Some reasons to get checked out are if you feel constant pain and abdomen is hard (not just tight from baby), see bleeding, your baby isn't moving as much a usual, or you can't keep anything down. But anytime you have concerns you can go to your doctor, your local labor and delivery unit, or call the doctor on call for your doctors office to either get checked out or get verbal reassurance.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Called the dr, just to know what to worry about. She said the sharp pains are from baby kicking my inflamed, irritated intestines, which totally makes sense as it's never the up high kicks that hurt, only the down low and around the side ones.
    She says hydration is key, just keep liquid down.
    Seems like as horrid as this is, it's going to blow over.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    Well that's some intense Spam right there.

This was some time ago, any news on how K&H are doing? Baby should be here?
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • Options
    hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    I've been looking for an update from K&H, too. I hope all is well!
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)