Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Dilated 1 cm

JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I went in for my regular OB check up today and I mentioned to my doctor that I had been having some serious pelvic pressure and lower back pain for the past two days. It turns out that this little girl has moved herself into the head down position and I'm dilated at 1 cm. I'm scheduled for a cervical length screening tomorrow morning to determine if I'll need to be admitted to L&D for monitoring since I'm only at 30w6d. I know it can be common for some women to dilated early and many go on to full-term pregnancies but I've been on IM progesterone injections since 16 weeks to prevent another pre-term delivery so it really came as a shock to me this morning.

Now I'm just hoping the measurements come back okay and maybe we'll get one of the really nice techs who will also let us do a quick top ultrasound to see how this little girl is growing.
LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.

Comments

• Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it does look like you'll go into labor early, they can give you steroid injections to speed up lung development, and baby would most likely be fine even this early.

Hopefully it's nothing, though. I was 1-2 cm dilated starting around 36 weeks (if I remember correctly), and I still ended up having to be induced at 41 weeks because labor never started on it's own.
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    Ask for the steroids, just in case. My daughter got them at 29 and 31 weeks. She wasn't born until 37 weeks, but it was relieving knowing she had them.

My cousin delivered at 25+1, and her daughter is now 7 months old.

You're past the 28 week mark, so everything should be fine. Keep us posted!
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    ask about progesterone use for preterm labor. there are many studies that show it keeps cervix shut and long. I know of 2 people who have done this and went to at least 37 weeks.
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    hopefully everything turns out great. Some women soften and slightly dilate their cervix early and still make it to full term. My sister made it to 39 weeks and she was 3-4 cm for several weeks with her second. But better to be safe. If you start having contractions 4 or more in an hour or that cramping and back pain get worse then go into the L&D to get checked out.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! Luckily, everything looked good on the ultrasound and they think I should be able to hold out for a few more weeks. The high risk doctor came in and talked with us for a bit. She thinks the progesterone injections are likely the only reason that I haven't progressed more than the 1 cm so we're to continue until 36 weeks. And fortunately, she is measuring perfectly - 51% on the growth chart.
    LKkRm4.png

Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow. I didn't think we were anywhere near actual baby time!! These 40 weeks are flying by!!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Time has been moving so quickly - especially the last month or so! I really can't believe we're both in the home stretch at this point.
    LKkRm4.png

• Options
    perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad everything is turning out ok!
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!