Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Merry Christmas!

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Merry Christmas Everyone!

In October our family grew by one as I obtained permanent guardianship of my nephew after his mother's death in August. Court went great and the father has not gotten his drug test done or set up supervised visits.

My kids are now 7, 5, and 4. My nephew has adjusted well into our family. To my surprise he started calling me mom just 3 days after we brought him home. Last night we finally had a breakthrough when he said he missed his mom. Before he's always been in denial and has said he doesn't miss her.

6f2zxu.jpg

24g1rmh.jpg

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on your new family member!

Hope you all have a great christmas!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    Love your photos! They are all so adorable. So sad that his mother passed, but a blessing that you are now there for him.
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png