Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Favorite Baby Items

b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I asked my wife this morning to list her five favorite baby items we have bought or been gifted and I did the same. We didn't reveal our lists until we were each done. I figured I'd share and see if anyone wanted to add to it!

1. Owl Light: https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Light-My-Way-Nightlight/dp/B009UPUC36

We bought this light last minute at Walmart and I'm not even entirely sure why. We use it all. The. Time. It's one of the only lights that doesn't wake him up for midnight changings but it's still bright enough we can see to do things. It's also very portable and the handle is helpful when toting around a baby. This was on my list.

2. The Snuza. When you put it on baby you can see the light flash with each breath. We call him robot baby. My list.

3. Vibrating Chair: https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/product/fisher-price-reg-worldwide-infant-to-toddler-rocker/1041352571?skuId=41352571&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_furniture_&adpos=1o3&creative=43742643829&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=41352571&gclid=CMP8wduCl9ECFZCCswodZ1kNzQ

This baby isn't phased by swings or anything fancy. All he wants is his vibrating safari chair. Both our lists.

4. Wipe warmer: https://www.amazon.com/Prince-Lionheart-Warmies-Wipes-Warmer/dp/B001QIN6ME/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1482932813&sr=8-1&keywords=cloth+wipe+warmer

We use cloth wipes and love this thing. Thought we wouldn't, but can't imagine life without it now. Took away the screams of bloody murder during changes. Both our lists.

5. Cloth Diapers: this was on my list. I love our cloth diapers. Surprisingly the pre folds are my favorites. I don't touch the all in ones unless we are out of prefolds.

6. My wife put down baby bullet even though we haven't used it yet. And the covertaw car seat. We don't like the infant carrier at all like the rest of the world. Go figure.

7. My wife also put down Tommee Tippee bottles. The ones with the super slow flow that are more expensive. She loves feeding him and we EBF. He takes literally any bottle, but these nipples more simulate a nursing session we have found.
Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!

Comments

• perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love that owl light! I am doing a Harry Potter theme and also picked that light up. Thanks for posting this list.
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    perry261 wrote:
    I love that owl light! I am doing a Harry Potter theme and also picked that light up. Thanks for posting this list.

Harry Potter theme! Cute!!
    Cnc9m5.png

• old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    As silly as it sounds with all my babies flannel receiving blankets. I loved them, had mountains of them. I found so many uses for them.
    edited November -1
    old mama wrote:
    As silly as it sounds with all my babies flannel receiving blankets. I loved them, had mountains of them. I found so many uses for them.

They are helpful! We use the prefold diapers... The old fashioned ones like flour sacks...For literally everything!
    Cnc9m5.png

edited November -1
    Adding this gem to the list: https://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Love-Musical-Natural-Stroll/dp/B013UDAQ0C/ref=sr_1_16_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1483025882&sr=1-16

It fits on literally anything...stroller, rock n play, bassinet, changing table, etc. Baby just took a nearly 2 hour nap with it attached to the rock and play. He woke up for a second, but looked at the mirror thing in the middle and was rocked back to sleep. New favorite thing. Also it isn't electronic, so there's no annoying sounds anytime you touch it.
    Cnc9m5.png

• mrsandmrsduvallmrsandmrsduvall Posts: 198
    edited November -1
    We are doing Harry Potter, too! I would love to see how you do yours!
    perry261 wrote:
    tt1d4410
    Jess 29, Tiff 30 (carrying)
    Started TTC in 2014
    IVF, July 2016, Flare Protocol, retrieval on 7/17 (freeze all), 14 out of 17 mature, all 14 fertilized!
    FET on 9/22, 1 5-day blast transferred, BFP! 1st U/S on 10/24! Expected due date is June 10, 2017!
  • edited November -1
    The Rock and play & Halo sleepsack are 2 of my favorite things for younger babies.
  • perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are doing Harry Potter, too! I would love to see how you do yours!
    perry261 wrote:

Awe...I would love to see yours too!
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!