Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Perineal Ice Packs

JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Has anyone tried TendHer Perineal Ice Packs? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the price to get them and have them in the freezer for the postpartum period.
LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.

Comments

• Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I almost got that, but glad I didn't. All I wanted after the first two days was heat. At the hospital they have pads that are heat and ice. I asked for extra and they brought me a ton. I actually still have some left over. And I had a second degree tear!

That's just my experience :)
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Ice is usually recommended for the first 24 hrs then warmth. You should be provided with as many ice packs as you need in the hospital. You can ask for more if needed.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My hospital provided the cold pads, and I used them for most of the 2 days I was there, but didn't need them by the time I got home. I had an extensive episiotomy, but recovery wasn't bad at all. High-dose ibuprofen was the wonder drug for me.
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a second degree tear on my inner labia and some hemroids .. omg. Haha. Anyways the ice packs from the hospital were amazinggggggggggggggg. Seriously. It was like the only relief I got for the first week. I called them padcicles. I'm not familiar with the ones you're asking about but in general I'd say YES to ice packs. Also. Steal as many as you can every chance you get. And the mesh underwear. Every 12 hours you get a new nurse. Stash the old ones and tell them you need MORE! Haha