Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

So sick. Ideas?

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I have yet another head cold. This one is the worst yet with constant coughing that my inhaler does not improve. I also have sinus congestion which has led to ear congestion. So I can't hear out of the left side, I can't breathe through my nose, I can barely breathe through my mouth, I can't chew because I can't breathe, so I'm nauseated because I'm not eating enough. It's so so terrible.

Any suggestions?
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    starviewchickstarviewchick Posts: 348
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear you are sick! Have you ever tried Neti Pot? My only other suggestion would be a course of Z-pack. It is considered safe during pregnancy, especially after 13 weeks. It really worked for me when I had pneumonia in my 2nd trimester. Hope you get better soon!
  • Options
    katelmkatelm Posts: 268
    edited November -1
    Ugh, that sounds horrible. Things that work for me: humidifier all night, essential oil diffuser with lavender and eucalyptus or rosemary, elderberry syrup for cough and to boost your immune system (sometimes I make my own but I also love the one for sale by Honey Gardens). Fresh ginger tea (just grate some and pour hot water over it) to reduce inflammation and settle your tummy. And soup, lots of soup. Hope you feel better soon!
    My amazing wife is the bedrock of our family. Three beloved foster children now in far flung places. One beautiful son born in March 2011. One amazing daughter born December 2014. We are blessed!

puzpm5.png

RIiYm4.png
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    I know that afrin is a category C for pregnancy, but I was completely miserable at one point. My doctor ended up putting me on antibiotics and said I could use afrin occasionally. It made a huge difference for me just not having a stuff nose. It may sound kinda weird, but having a stuffy nose make me slightly claustrophobic. Also my dr said that sudafed was ok to take in moderation as well. Obviously talk things over with your own dr to make sure it would be ok for you. I'm not sure if you were only looking for nautical remedys though. I also second the netinpot!
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    801logan801logan Posts: 261 ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I second the afrin. It worked wonders for me when I was sick.
    S & L TTC #1
    July, Sept, Nov & Dec - All BFN
    Jan-May - Break
    June- BFP - loss @ 5 weeks
    Aug-BFN
    Sept- Dr assisted IUI- BFP @10DPI. It's a GIRL!! Our little girl was born 5/21/2015 healthy & happy!! :)