Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

12-13 week check up

F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Appt went well. Doctor tried using the Doppler and couldn't find the heartbeat so instantly I worried, so we got an ultrasound. Baby is doing fine!! Heart rate 167. Couldn't get a good view since they were laying on their belly.
Guess it was a good thing I didn't spend money on a doppler because I probably wouldn't be able to find the heartbeat myself.

He said my chance of m/c is less than 1% but I still feel like I worry at times. Did any of you hit a point where you felt good about it and could relax?

Another positive note is the OB went and put in diagnosis for me to have my 20 wk ultrasound covered!! :) Next checkup is Feb 14th then 20 week scan March 13th!!!!

Best pic we could get with his archaic ultrasound machine lol a11z49.jpg
rs4mis.jpg
28i0tph.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Morning sickness has improved a ton. Last night I was close to hurling(kinda wish I would've) but the B6 and unisom took care of it within 30 mins. I still don't eat much outside of strawberries, pears, green apples, pickles and yogurt. Meat in general makes me wanna hurl. I try to eat it like 1-2 times a week because I know I need the protein. I've dropped almost 30 pounds but doc said the baby is doing fine so just eat when I can and what I can.

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling so well. Hopefully the medication gives you some relief.

Yes we will be finding out the sex.
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I am so glad things are going well for you. Couldn't have a better Valentines present then the one you are carrying! It would be great to hear that heartbeat on your Valentine's Day appointment! What's your due date again?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    July 27th or 29th. I can't even remember. I keep measuring ahead a few days each time and I can't remember if my OB changed my due date or not. I seem to be forgetting a ton lately or losing everything lol
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • Options
    perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm so glad everything is going ok! I'm forgetting things a lot too lol.
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That totally happened with me with the Doppler around the same time. I went in for spotting and the first thing they tried was the Doppler and nothing ... it was terrifying!! Then.. u/s showed a perfect baby and I'm holding him right now. The point I FINALLY felt better was around 18 weeks when I could start feeling him moving everyday. And the moving got more and more instense as he got bigger. A kick was always reassuring. So, you're almost there. Then 24 weeks, viability brought more reassurance and every week from there felt "safer" and safer. Hang in there mama!!
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    I know this is probably not exactly what you want to hear....but I always worried about my little one up until she was in my arms. Even immediately after she was pulled out(I had a c-section) I asked if she was ok because I hadn't heard her cry yet. I think you have to try and trust that the chance of anything bad happening after 12 weeks is very small. I always found comfort after I could feel my baby moving and looking at my apps to see how big she was each week.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    Congratulations, you guys!!
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    MoedoMoedo Posts: 254 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's an amazing picture of the baby! Such detail. Mine were all blobby and mysterious looking. :p

I never stopped worrying until after delivery either, but I'm older and had a slightly bumpy pregnancy/delivery. But it helps a ton once you can feel them kicking, so you will soon have that reassurance!

May the rest of your pregnancy be a smooth ride. :)
    The best is yet to come! :)