Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Travel System or Lightweight Stroller??

FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
edited January 2017 in Parenting and Life
Experienced mamas:
Travel system or lightweight stroller?
I already have my convertible car seat (5-110lbs) and was planning to buy a travel system but I'm not so sure anymore.
Whichever I chose, I want something that can be parent facing for earlier months.
I also plan to baby wear.
I've been looking at:
Graco Views (travel system)
Summer infant 3D flip (light weight stroller)
Urbini Reversi (lightweight stroller)
I don't want to spend a fortune on a single stroller because I'm still undecided about baby #2. Also needs to be light and fold small which the above mentioned do.
Any suggestions highly appreciated!!

Edit: I should also mention that where I live you drive everywhere. I don't see myself using the stroller for lots of outdoor activities, mostly shopping and dr appointments.
tt1d429d
TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!

Comments

• grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited November -1
    I have been researching this also. From what I understand they need an infant car seat that you remove and put into the stroller with special adapters. It seems that transport at least for the first few months is in the car seat, I was told if they sleep in the car you just remove the whole seat this way and don't disturb. Also the seats in the stroller aren't supportive enough for early infant. I don't know if this is right or wrong info as I'm just taking it from the stores and what I've been told.
  • FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Hmm... I don't think they "need" it as long as the convertible accommodates from early age.
    My sister had twins and used a double umbrella stroller with newborn inserts from the start. Of course, with twins it was easier than having two infant car seats.
    My best friend says the infant car seat is the best because of what you mentioned about of not waking up baby when getting in and out of car.
    It's so hard to decide!
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I will say I thought we needed an infant carrier/ car seat as well. We used it three times. We hated it. It was so bulky and awkward to carry. It's so much easier to put him in the convertible seat and then transfer him to a wrap. He also prefers to be carried. Most of the time we don't even use the wrap to be honest. Just throw him over our shoulders. lol. We do have a stroller that is called "harmony" -- it was cheap and fits in our compact cars...I don't remember where we got it, but I think it was Groupon!! He finally enjoys the stroller since he's hit about 2 months old. He didn't want to be put down in anything before that!

I would highly suggest, if you get the travel system, keep the boxes and receipts and return it if it doesn't work for you. I wish we had...
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    We had/have a graco modes travel system because it was the only parent-facing option on the market when our son was born, and I loved it. My son was totally-done with parent facing by 11 months though, which is also around the time we transitioned him out of the baby bucket to the convertible seat, so we didn't use the modes stroller seat option as much as I would of liked. We definitely got good use out of the frame/baby bucket. I'm a baby-wearer, but the baby bucket was awesome for the colder months. I love that you can buy the sherpa covers for them, and don't have to finagle an infant in and out of a car seat in the car in the cold. We will be breaking the whole contraption out for baby number two in April.
  • gprime11gprime11 Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    We had the stroller and infant seat by baby trend...babies r us carries them. It was light weight, didn't need any extra adapters to put the infant seat on the stroller, and was the easiest to get on and off the base. Trust me...I'm the crazy person who had all the travel systems lined up and switched the seat from base to stroller multiple times in the middle of the store. At almost 3 years, we still use the stroller. Its not a fancy system, but it's safe, durable, and has served us well. Hopefully we get to use it for another little one soon. It definitely not something you have to have, but my son never teansferred well when asleep, still doesn't, and sometimes not waking a sleeping baby is the whole goal of your day. If i didn't have it, i would prob be stuck reading in the car for hours a day.