Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Faint positive with low progesterone help?

AnyaAnya Posts: 78
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I just got the faintest positive on both first response and wondfo at 14 dpo. I got a negative with clear blue. My progesterone level was 9.0 at 9 dpo. Im concerned since it's so faint this late that the pregnancy might not stick? Any information (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited January 2017
    yes you need progesterone to sustain a pregnancy. so if its too low you can indeed have a loss or spotting. can you get the perscription tomorrow?
    if not, the cream at the store, b vitamins help but its not progesterone. wild yam root is a natural progesterone but not easily found.

I have low progesterone too. so I take the pills when Im trying, after I ovulate

and congrats :) how exciting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    tinydancer wrote:
    yes you need progesterone to sustain a pregnancy. so if its too low you can indeed have a loss or spotting. can you get the perscription tomorrow?
    if not, the cream at the store, b vitamins help but its not progesterone. wild yam root is a natural progesterone but not easily found.

I have low progesterone too. so I take the pills when Im trying, after I ovulate

and congrats :) how exciting.

I'm going to try to get into the doctor tomorrow. I'm hoping they take me seriously. Does the faint line mean anything? I'm supposed to start my period tomorrow.
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may have had a late implantation, in which case the pregnancy may still be viable. You could try testing tomorrow to see if it's any darker.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    RedHeather wrote:
    You may have had a late implantation, in which case the pregnancy may still be viable. You could try testing tomorrow to see if it's any darker.

I hope that I had a late implantation. I'll test again tomorrow.