Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Gender neutral anatomy book

gprime11gprime11 Posts: 228
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Yes, this is a very specific inquiry. We have hit the age of "what's that?" and comparing parts...almost 3. While i am very honest and open about body parts and anatomy, and have no problems discussing it, a book is helpful. However, all the body part books are very "boys have a penis and girls have a vagina." I'm on the search gor something that discusses anatomy without assigning gender so much. Any ideas? It's for a preschooler, so it may not even exist, but worth asking.

Comments

• April.juneApril.june Posts: 115
    edited November -1
    I personally don't have any experience with this but have you considered making a book? I have heard of parents doing this to explain their non-nuclear family, but it might be a good idea for your situation also since you would be able to have it say exactly what you want. I forgot the website I heard mentioned but I'm sure you can find many companies that will do a personalized book. Sorry I can't actually give you a book suggestion but I like the idea of a personalized book and plan on doing a few for my LO if I am ever lucky enough to have one.
    ~~~~SMBC TTC #1 ~ 29~~~~
    ~6 BFN home ICIs w/NW~
    ~ Try #1 in September with KD! ~
    ~ 2 DPI ~