Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Help - Dry Sinuses

arogers470484arogers470484 Posts: 96
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to combat dry sinuses. I have been extremely dry since I got pregnant and sometimes they are even bleeding. During the day is manageable but at night, it's horrible. I am sleeping with a warm mist humidifier but sadly I don't think it's helping me at all. I have started using saline spray and am trying to use it regularly to see if that makes a difference. It is really difficult to sleep as I'm waking up in the middle of the night and can't fall back asleep because my nose is so dry. I have a doctors appointment next Friday and plan to discuss this with them but thought I would reach out here as well to see what might have worked for other folks in the past. I never had this issue prior to being pregnant so I am lost and miserable. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    I live in a miserably dry part of the country, especially in winter. Docs around here recommend using Ayr. They have a spray and a salve to put up your snoot. It's less than $10 and I found it at Walgreens.

If you hear about other options, I'd be interested!
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Have you tried putting a little Vaseline in your nose at night..a tiny bit on your finger and rub it around... I was having problems..I am not pregnant now...but air is so dry..it helped me a lot...and it certainly would be safe during pregnancy.