Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Gallbladder surgery, Pneumonia and Ultrasound

F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
edited February 2017 in Pregnancy and Babies
Started having issues back o n1/31 waking in the middle of the night with severe middle back pain. Happened several times but only twice did it radiate to the abdomen. Went to ER on 2/9 and results came back I had tons of stones in my gallbladder. After tons of back and forth and miscommunication my OB/surgical team felt best to have it removed since I am in the 2nd trimester so we went ahead with the surgery. Surgery was on 2/11 and with being pregnant obviously pain management is pretty limited. Felt pretty awful for a few days. Got released 2/13 because they were worried with elevated liver enzymes and bilirubin that I may have stones left over in a duct but they did come down. I still have to do testing next week to make sure they're decreasing/levels are appropriate because if not, I may need another procedure where they stick a scope through my esophagus and weave it through to find and retrieve remaining stones. Since release I have developed pneumonia so now taking antibiotics.

I'm hoping this is the end of sickness and can have a pretty uneventful remainder of pregnancy.

Baby is doing GREAT!! It's just astonishing how well baby is doing considering I feel like I'm falling apart. Guess they're a little fighter. 17 weeks now but this was our little one at 16 weeks. Since surgery we've had 3 check ups and baby has been doing well. Next check is 2/28.

2v2bfbm.jpg
rs4mis.jpg
28i0tph.jpg

Comments

• Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    Hugs! You have been through a lot... But what a beautiful ultrasound pic of your fighter!
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I am sorry you are having to go through so much. I hope you are on the mend soon and baby continues to do well.
  • Options
    perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sos sorry you had to go through all that. I hope you feel better real soon!
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!