Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

regret donating blastocysts??

bettybohemianbettybohemian Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
i successfully conceived fraternal twins after my first round of IVF. it took 5 years however, to get pregnant. I HATED being pregnant. I was sick the entire time, constantly fainting, and couldnt sleep. So when the fertility clinic asked what i would like to do with my3 remaining blasts, i said go ahead and donate them. im done ( having 2 previous children through adoption for a total of 4).

Now, im a little sad. I look at my little guys and they are just so amazing to me . I think I COULDVE HAD MORE!!!

which is nuts.

Has anyone else ever felt this way?

Comments

• Options
    grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited November -1
    Maybe if you called the clinic and ask what the outcome of the transfer were for your embryos it would help bring closure in some way. Would you want to know this information or not? I can see wondering what ever happened , and in some way regret too. You could honestly though made a difference in someone else's life, that without your donation there would be no other way to be pregnant. Its hard the unknown piece though and I get it too.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    It's expensive, sometimes painful but start the process again. Do it while you are young enough so you won't have those regrets and desire for more children and not have the opportunity to do it. Those clinics have cut off ages. You did a wonderful thing giving another woman the opportunity to be a mom.
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited March 2017
    I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I would've probably done the same if I had conceived twins and my clinic allowed it. It's an amazing gift you gave to someone, even if they didn't conceive from the transfer.
    I wish my clinic would let me donate for someone going through infertility. I have 3 left and their options are to donate to science or destroy which is why, after never seeing myself with more than one, I'm already thinking about #2.
    If you're feeling really strongly about it, it might be worth looking into doing one more round.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    As someone who is looking for donated embryos I first want to say thank you. Second I would call the clinic and find out the outcome of the donation. If it has not occurred and you really want another child you can always ask for them back.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT