Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Opinions needed on money owed

ScorchkatsScorchkats Posts: 77
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
So we had our first US at the RE yesterday (6 weeks) and were told to come back in 2 weeks for another one before we could be graduated to OB. I'm not sure if it's because it was a couple days too early to see/hear the heartbeat or if this is normal practice for them. When we were scheduling the next US we were informed that we have a balance of $1000+ that has to be paid before we have our next US. We were pretty shocked because we were told we would be billed for whatever insurance doesn't pay and haven't even gotten a bill from them yet. We're going to be paying off the balance, but we can't decide if we should A) Try to get a personal loan or additional credit card to try to pay everything within 2 weeks or B) Make an appointment with OB and make payments to RE.

Thoughts??

Comments

• Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I'd do B. But if you have to do A, open up one that has no interest for like 19 months or something! I'd call the insurance company too to see what they will be paying.
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Apply for a care credit credit card most clinics accept it. You get anywhere from 6 months -24 months interest free financing it varies depending on how much you owe and the contract they have with the clinic. It can be very handy plus there isn'tnt a limit to the number of times you can use it. If you have pets it can be used for. veterinary care
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd go for option B.
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    That doesn't surprise me...at our drs. and especially local hospital in a rural area where a lot of tests ect. big city offices do but are only done at the hospital here... elective things have to be paid up front. They too won't schedule anything elective unless you either have a 0 balance or may stretch if you are on a payment plan and are in good standing. My parents have used those Care Credit Card Accts too for medical and dental. They love them. I am not sure of all the details but I don't think there is any interest either if you pay it in full in a certain amt. of time. I would skip the last RE and go straight to OB as well...he/she may want to do their own ultrasounds and other tests. No use having to pay for them twice..or have your insurance deny you at OB because you already had one done.
  • Options
    ScorchkatsScorchkats Posts: 77
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your responses everyone. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be doing anything detrimental for baby's health if we didn't go to the RE 8 week ultrasound. I'll check out the care credit card, but most likely we'll head over to OB and go from there. Thanks again!
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sounds like the 8 week ultrasound is just to confirm a heartbeat. The heartbeat will either be there or not -- nothing you can do at this point is going to make a difference -- so you don't technically NEED the extra ultrasound. I would check with the OB to see what their typical process is (i.e. do they normally do an 8-week ultrasound?). My OB wanted me to wait until I was released by the RE, but they didn't request any documentation to verify. I did an optional 9-week ultrasound at the RE (after the initial one at 7 weeks) because I only had to pay a co-pay and I knew my OB normally doesn't do early ultrasounds (only the anatomy scan was standard). But if it's going to cost you a lot of money and the OB routinely does an ultrasound at the first appt. anyway, it may be worth going straight to the OB.