Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Mommaroo

F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Parenting and Life
So since about 3 weeks old Brooke has been having meltdowns from 6pm-9pm(witching hour) I know a few people have recommended the mommaroo but I'm so conflicted.

1) very expensive item to not know if it will work or not and I don't know anyone that has one to borrow or to buy used.

2) if it doesn't work can I even return it?

Basically the only thing that has made us break the cycle(twice so far.hit or miss if it works) is starting around 6 when I can tell not much is consoling her I have to start bouncing her pretty hardcore or putting her in her rocker and going to town. Heath just found a lullaby that's knocked her out the last two days but I'm not sure if it's one of those things that will be short lived or not. It breaks my heart when she's screaming bloody murder so I'm trying to figure something out. I'm surprised our neighbors haven't called CPS thinking we're killing our daughter with the pipes she's got lol.
rs4mis.jpg
28i0tph.jpg

Comments

• Options
    hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    Amazon has free returns on baby items (it will say free returns next to the price if it qualifies). I think Target may carry this in store as well and they're great about returns.

I hope it works!! Good luck!
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • Options
    801logan801logan Posts: 261 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't heard anything great about the mommaroo. It's pretty slow. And if your daughter likes the hard rocking I would say she wouldn't like it. Babies R Us is good about returns. We took a ton back. My daughter hated the bumbo, so we took it back. I'm not going to waste $40 on something she doesn't like.
    I'm sorry she is so fussy during that time. Does a warm bath or even grope water help? I'm sorry I'm sure you have tried it all. Our daughter did fuss for prolonged periods so I don't have a lot of advice. Good luck!!
    S & L TTC #1
    July, Sept, Nov & Dec - All BFN
    Jan-May - Break
    June- BFP - loss @ 5 weeks
    Aug-BFN
    Sept- Dr assisted IUI- BFP @10DPI. It's a GIRL!! Our little girl was born 5/21/2015 healthy & happy!! :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Typically she gets a bath during her fussy time because it completely burns her out. She doesn't mind the bath but once you go to scrub her up that's a whole different story. She screams like we're slaughtering her. It's the most heart wrenching thing to listen to. I feel so bad for her.

I've heard mixed things about the mommaroo so I'd figure I'd ask more people.
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • Options
    801logan801logan Posts: 261 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That really sucks she gets so upset about bath time. Hearing your child cry is so so hard. Have you tried taking a bath with her? Or showering with her? I hope things get better for you all soon.
    S & L TTC #1
    July, Sept, Nov & Dec - All BFN
    Jan-May - Break
    June- BFP - loss @ 5 weeks
    Aug-BFN
    Sept- Dr assisted IUI- BFP @10DPI. It's a GIRL!! Our little girl was born 5/21/2015 healthy & happy!! :)
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    What if you just gave her a bath with no actual washing? Just have her relax? I second taking one with her or showering. My son prefers that.

As for the fancy swing. Someone gave one too us as a hand me down because her daughter used it maybe twice. Our son used it maybe twice. Lol. He also was into bouncing, and that thing just wasn't forceful enough for him. I remember thinking I'd try ANYTHING during that time of night too. Everything is a phase. It will end. You are also probably in a sleep regression or growth spurt or wonder Week or teething. Or all of the above!
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We will have to try taking a bath with her and see if that works. :)

So three days in a row she took a 3hr nap from roughly 3-6 and no "witching hour" and that's unlike her. So I'd naturally assume she's overly tired but getting her to fall asleep is a battle sometimes.
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg