Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Donor 8843-- IUI with RE

ashley21ashley21 Posts: 11
edited October 2017 in Trying to Conceive
Just received my very first IUI with Donor 8843. Has anyone received a BFP using this donor? Anyone expecting or hoping to expect with a July due date?

Comments

• Options
    reednakitareednakita Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    @ashley21 Hi I saw on another post you conceived with donor 8843 congrats! I just bought his pictures. Did his extended profile say anything about health issues with him or family? Or anything wrong with hands or feet? Just wanted to make sure he looks perfect. Asking because I know he tested positive for one of the genetic test. We will be using him in July.
  • Options
    myoung96myoung96 Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    Hey there, we got that profile, currently in TWW. With the exception of a sister with ulcers and some relatives with teenage acne, the few other problems reported are all very late in life (70’s and 80’s) and expected for that age, like high blood pressure, with the exception of a smoker with lung cancer in their 60’s. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @myyoung96 thank you so much for responding!! You're heaven sent. Sending good luck for a BFP and healthy child your way!! This donor is a cutie pie. I love his big smile.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you! Good luck to you as well! I definitely feel different this time than I did on our first attempt with a different donor. Got a cruel dye run false positive on an cheap internet pregnancy test a few days ago but then I had the slightest spotting Monday night so fingers crossed it was a little implantation bleed. Positive vibes for sure. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @myyoung96 that sounds awesome! Fingers crossed I'm excited for you!! And thank you. I'm nervous about doing a HSG to get my tubes checked. I hear it hurts ouch.
  • Options
    2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited November -1
    We are expecting our tank to arrive with our 8843 vials tomorrow.
    @myoung96, thanks for the shared info from the profile. We were waiting to purchase that until after we conceive, but it's reassuring.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No problem! It was nice to see all his siblings hair and eye color, height, etc. I almost wish I had ordered it before I ordered the vials, as I’m 6’2” and I don’t think a single woman in his family is under 5’8”... but if I have a girl and she is 6 feet tall by 10 years old, we’ll just find her a sport she loves, haha, and a good tailor for her pants. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh wow. That's tall. I do wish there were more short donors.. My wife and I are 5'3 and 5'1(ish) so a shorter donor would've been nice. But then, our child would have a harder time if he or she chose to play sports, lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I was just grateful to find one under 6’0”, I read one of their requirements for donors on an ad was 6’0” or taller but they clearly made some exceptions. If my shortie wife was carrying, I would have gone with the 6’7” donor to make it more like me.
  • Options
    heyjudemommyheyjudemommy Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    My vials come on Tuesday... my app says I ovulate Friday.... I will start testing with opk tomorrow or Sun ???? eeeeeeekkkkkkk..

I haven't decide when to inseminate yet... I am thinking at 8 hours and 24. ????????????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My vials come on Tuesday... my app says I ovulate Friday.... I will start testing with opk tomorrow or Sun ???? eeeeeeekkkkkkk..

I haven't decide when to inseminate yet... I am thinking at 8 hours and 24. ????????????
  • Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1
    @myyoung96 what color is his siblings hair and eye color? I know his is green. And I'm only 5'3 and my daughters are short like me. So my height should even it out. I just ordered a IUI vial from him today.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @heyjudemommy I would do 12 and 24 hours after positive OPK good luck.
  • Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    I am short as well. 5'3". Since I am having a boy I am hoping for his family's taller genes. (If he is the lucky donor lol) One of my brothers is 5'9" the other is 6'0".

Sibling Physical Characteristics
    Brother: 1
    Eye Color: Blue

Original Hair Color: Light Brown

Height: 5' 9"

Weight (approx.): 140 lbs

Complexion relative to race: Medium

Sister 1
    Eye Color: Blue

Original Hair Color: Red

Height: 5' 9"

Weight (approx.): 135 lbs

Complexion relative to race: Fair

Sister 2
    Eye Color: Hazel

Original Hair Color: Brown

Height: 5' 8"

Weight (approx.): 125 lbs

Complexion relative to race: Fair
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @yogibaby thank you so much! My tallest daughter is 5'7 . The rest of my daughters so far are 5'2 5'3 like me. I want my girls to be short like me lol. My only son so far is about 6'3 he's 16 years old. Most men in my family about 6 feet. I was always skinny until now lol. All my girls are skinny and my son. So his family size sounds a lot like mine. I have a strong feeling you conceived with donor 8843. Everyone else has Haha! I see him and his siblings have pretty colored eyes too.
  • Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    @reednakita
    You are welcome! You are so lucky! I have to work to be thin and I have a muscular build. I can still see the some of my ab indention even though my tummy sticks out. Waiting for that to dissappear. lol I am not thin now lol. I am thin when I eat real healthy veggies, fruits, no dairy, and no bread and exercise semi regularly. Obviously, that is out the window (eliminating dairy and bread) while pregnant, so I am fat and pregnant right now. lol .
    My dad's eyes are hazelly green and mine are brown. I am hoping my son's might be hazel or green. My son will be named after my dad so it would be cool if his eyes looked more like my dad's eyes. I have curly hair dark brown with ringlets, so I imagine his hair will still be kind of curly too. lol. My brother's hair isn't as curly as mine and his wife has straight hair and their kids have curly hair so far ( they are still real little). Fun to think about what he will look like if 8843 is indeed the donor. lol.
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @yogibaby that's how it is on both sides of my family skinny lil. I'm thicker now that I have kids. Which I'm so happy about! I use to hate being so skinny. I didn't gain weight until my 4th kid. I was so happy lol. I can't wait to see which one is your babies donor. Aww that's sweet that you're naming him after your dad. We have our girl or boys name picked out also. And no telling what color the babies eyes will be since he has two siblings with blue eyes and his are green and only 1 with hazel. I have light brown eyes. I'm black,native American and creole. This is going to be interesting lol. I can't wait until July. Hope I get pregnant and have a healthy baby as well in April next year. I'm excited for you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @heyjudemommy: How do you feel about your first cycle?