Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

OMG its been awhile (serious update)

Tina&ShanTina&Shan Posts: 77 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
So it has been awhile since i been on here but its well within reason. We was successful in getting pregnant with the help of a fabulous team of nurses and doctors. They assisted with the IUI after i had surgery to remove one of my tubes but........ I didnt need for it to be removed so they just cleared out the polys that was blocking my blessing. So for the new year of 2017 i was told i was pregnant. Never have i been in such disbelief to hear those words. I took 7 more test just to be sure. Numbers went up and up and the lil bean was here to stay. Months went by and we moved to the UK. Super excited to have a baby born abroad. Right before we left we had a babyshower/ gender reveal and we was excited to share that my wife and I will be bringing a baby girl into the world Oct 13st (I was tickled that my due date was Friday the 13th). Fast forward to my water breaking......3 weeks and 1 day early. (internal monologue) "wait did i just pee myself. No i just went to the bathroom. Naw that wasnt my water breaking. Nope its to early. yep that my water and alot of it. ummm wifey i think my water just broke" I never seen her move so fast. We was not ready at all. we thought we had time. "Nothing is going as planned i have to make padcicles and get some postpartum panties ughhhh wait I'm really about to be a mother." Our base L&D was closed because they was doing work on the ac so we went with our plan B hospital which was only 15 mins away. I wasn't in any pain or having any contractions so i was calm. we checked in and waited. Spoke with the doctors and they wanted to wait for 24 hours to let my body do its thing but nothing happened so i was induced. midnight is when i felt contractions but they werent that bad, they became more frequent and a lot painful and let me add that these were back labor pains which is not a bed of roses. so we moved to the room that i was to give birth in. Let me tell you they followed my birth plan to the T and held their guns about it, meaning i didn't want them to intervene unless something was seriously wrong. The pain OMG the pain was so bad in my back i didn't want to put any pressure on my body anywhere...i wanted to levitate. Finally i tapped out and asked for a epi but they was moving too slow to get me any pain relief and my body went into autopilot. I pushed 5 times and my baby girl flew out screaming. "OMG shes here, shes out, and she is so beautiful. I made a human." Sept 21st at 8:29 My lil Girl was world side. and next week she will be 5 months old and I still dont believe that after all these years of trying shes finally here.
Sept '14 iui's- BFN; Oct '14 ici & iui- BFN; Nov '14 iui as ici- BFN; Dec '14 iui's-BFN; Jan '15 Break; Feb '15 iui's- BFN; Mar'15 iui's BFN: Apr, May-Break, June '15 iui'es-BFN, Jan'17 iui-BFP with baby girl.

Comments

• Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    KatKat Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    That's fantastic, congratulations! I always love to read success stories.
  • Options
    2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!! :)
  • Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    What a wonderful success story. Congrats!!!
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.