Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Family Limits?

2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Other banks put a limit on the number of families who conceive using each donor. Does anyone know if NW has a policy like this? I haven't been able to find anything on their website or FAQs, so I thought maybe someone on here would know the answer.

I have posted this on multiple forum threads in hopes to get the most visibility and responses before contacting NW. We are switching to a donor with multiple confirmed pregnancies, through posts, and I'd like to know if we are in danger of this donor being blocked in the near future if he hits the max (if there is one).

Comments

• Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    I believe the cut off is 25. I don’t know how they get there though. Some people don’t report their pregnancies.
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That makes sense. I figured that it would be a decent amount, and then yes of course - not everyone reports. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some other banks cut off at 10 families. I’m not sure which ones.
    Even with the cut off that there are still women that might sell what they had in storage later allowing for more than the cut off.
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    True. If the cut off for NW is in the 20s, I'm not super concerned yet. And I'm going to be uber-optimistic and say that all we need is this next cycle so hopefully we will be in the clear. The sale starts Monday so I'm definitely ordering first thing on Monday.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    pulled this off the website:

"NW Cryobank has taken steps to resolve concerns regarding the number of live births per sperm donor. The maximum goal is 25-30 family units worldwide per donor. Each donor is limited by the length of time he remains active in the program. NWC also limits the total number of vials distributed and monitors pregnancy and birth reports to help maintain this goal."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks! I thought I had seen it on the site somewhere, but couldn't find it when I was looking for it.