Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Has anyone been able to get a passport for their DC child?

SatoriSatori Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
My 11yo has been bugging me to get passports so we can cross up into Canada (we live near the border and have wanted to vacation there) and the paperwork says the father must appear and the Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances form doesn't seem to apply to DC children.
SMC to 2 kids, 18 and 12 yrs
Happy to have contact with donor sibs from 026


  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Kate has a passport and I honestly don't remember if they ever said or asked for any proof other than me saying she was donor conceived. I knew it could be an issue because I'd dealt with both parents needing to be there with the families I have worked for but I really have no recollection of having any kind of proof other than her BC which lists me as her only parent.
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Not sure if you are still looking into this or not. I have an infant and recently got a passport. All that I was required to take was birth certificate plus copy and my license plus copy. Since there wasn’t a father listed in the birth certificate than he wasn’t required to be there
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about your passport question but we live in Michigan and cross into Canada once in awhile. All I've ever needed for the boys were their birth certificates. I think that is all you need for minors at the US/ Canadian border.
Sign In or Register to comment.