Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

How to keep calm?

tealbowtealbow Posts: 43
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
This is my first pregnancy.
I haven't experienced any losses thus far (thank God).
However, I do have a diagnosed anxiety disorder. ALL I DO IS WORRY!
I am on the app Glow, that helped me track ovulation and there is a community of boards where people share their BFP, announcements, struggles, seek advice, etc. There are also so many stories of loss and heart ache.
I cannot stop myself from worrying about EVERYTHING.
I am so worried about a miscarriage, or missed miscarriage, stillbirth, etc, etc.
I'm 18w and have my anatomy scan in a few days and I am so paranoid. I am so worried that I don't feel baby often, but some days I am (almost) certain it's the baby moving/fluttering.
I'm in therapy, and share all this with my therapist. She actually has had a loss, and she understands and is incredibly supportive of all my concerns.
I don't know how else to calm the heck down. I so badly want to just get private ultrasounds ( I have had 3 via the fertility dr/ob) or buy a fetal doppler to lower anxiety. But, saving that money is so important.

Any advice?
At home ICI Dec 2017 - BFN
At home ICI January 2018 - BFP at 10dpo
Baby girl born September 2018

Comments

• Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    A loss at this point for you is less than 1%. Take a deep breath you will be okay.
    The anxiety doesn’t go away necessarily I’m afraid it does and can become less intense. If you are feeling flutters that’s great. I think it’s okay to trust in the process and trust your body. Even if it’s just a mantra you say and done feel or mean yet.
    Try meditation or some prenatal yoga.
    I had a meltdown at work today and I nearly started crying in front of my kids and it wasn’t until my doctor called me that I settled down. (Usually it’s the nurses but it was him today.) And the kid is kicking me hard but I still worry. The anxiety is from here until there’s a baby in yours arms to throughout your child’s life.
    I use the Doppler when I feel anxious and it’s a security blanket. I also work on breathing deeply. Relaxing music seems to help in general.
    I’ll also take an epsom salt bath with a little lavender oil and try to relax.
    You will be okay. Congratulations you are almost half way there :-)
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    ElatedMamaElatedMama Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Hi Tealbow,

I hear you! I am a therapist(!), and I know my own anxiety too well. It's difficult to shut it off. I'm only a few days into my pregnancy (confirmed it with 2nd beta yesterday), and already, I'm just wrecked and can't sleep thinking of all the possibilities.

I agree with Yogibaby that it can be helpful to focus on your odds - because those odds are absolutely on your side. And to trust your body and follow the signs that all is well and healthy.

I'm coming to realize that this is parenting - that parents worry - and that this is our first chance to figure out how to navigate that worry. Maybe it helps to see it as a warm up? ;)