Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

When you were TTC, did you feel yourself ovulate?

KatKat Posts: 40
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I'm wondering how many of you typically felt ovulation pains when you ovulated?

If you did feel it, did you feel it every month, or only some/most? Did you feel it the month you got your BFP? And did you time your inseminations based on positive OPKs, or did you wait for the ovulation pain and then do your insem?

Also curious whether anyone who never/rarely felt ovulation pains had an easy/quick time conceiving?

I'm wondering because I used to feel ovulation very clearly every month (always on the right side). I haven't felt it the same way for months - sometimes it is faint, sometimes I feel nothing. But I had my hormone levels checked and the results came back normal. Planning to TTC in a couple weeks...WDYT? Should I be worried? Would you get more testing or just give it a try?

Comments

• Options
    yogibabyyogibaby Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    I feel ovulation pains the cramping leading up to ovulation but when I really feel it (strongly) it’s one sided pain the radiates down my back. They were a lot stronger on clomid,(which I needed to conceive a viable pregnancy).
    TTC #1: August 2017 - ICI BFP- miscarried @7weeks
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    KatKat Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    yogibaby wrote:
    I feel ovulation pains the cramping leading up to ovulation but when I really feel it (strongly) it’s one sided pain the radiates down my back. They were a lot stronger on clomid,(which I needed to conceive a viable pregnancy).

Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking, were you put on clomid because you were having ovulation pains but weren't ovulating, or for some other reason?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi Kat,
    I ovulated on my own-they tested my day CD 21 progesterone. I actually get pregnant fairly easily but miscarried each time(until clomid) My day CD 12 ultrasound showed my dominant follicle wasn’t big enough. They like it to be at least 20mm mine was like 14mm (or somewhere around there )So my doctor thought egg maturation from correct follicle size might be part of why I was miscarrying. He gave me the clomid to give me a boost. I did 50mg cd 3-7. Cd 12 ultrasound showed a 23mm follicle. He gave me the trigger and I went home and inseminated. I just noticed the ovulationpain more intense with the clomid.
    TTC#2: December 2017- ICI, IUI- BFP! - Will induce @ 37 weeks 4 days (9/7/18 ) Can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy! Baby here 9/8/18! 7lbs1oz and 20.5 inches long.
  • Options
    lesrmhlesrmh Posts: 654
    edited November -1
    Yogiba: you are not pregnant with twins? How many insems did you do?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi @lesrmh

Like a true pcos person I have more follicles without clomid but none big enough (some on each side). I only had one dominant follicle when on clomid. One baby. 4 inseminations that lucky cycle.
    I inseminated 12 hr before trigger -I probably wouldn't ever repeat that one.
    Another 12 hr post trigger - I stuck it in the cervix but not a true iui -catheter wouldn't go in uterus so I gave up and dispensed in cervix (iui sperm) lol
    A true iui 24 hrs post trigger- got it in the uterus so I was happy.
    And another ici 33 hrs post trigger-
    If I had it to do again with 3 vials I just would do the 12, 24, and 33.
    If I had it to do again and just two vials ici ,I would do 6 and 18.
    If I had it to do again and one iui vial, I would do an iui at 24.
    If I had it to do again and one ici vial, I would do an ici at 18-20 hrs.
  • Options
    lesrmhlesrmh Posts: 654
    edited November -1
    Yogibaby— aww I got it. I typically get my smile around 8pm and then I do my first insem at like 10 pm. Then again 24hrs later and if i had 3 I would do another 24hrs later. I’ve always read tonhave the sperm waiting on the egg and I’m older so because of that they say you typically ovulate closer to the positive.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @lesrmh
    My doctor said the same thing that its better for sperm to be waiting for that egg.
    He even said with the trigger I could ovulate within 12 hrs or later at 36. I always wonder about the age thing. When I was 32 and charting it seemed like I was ovulating within 24hrs.
    Anyway, Your timings sound great.
    Keep us updated. Fingers crossed for you.
  • Options
    ElatedMamaElatedMama Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    I used Femara/Letrazole for earlier attempts, and then moved on to micro HCG injections with the Femara on the cycle that I conceived (once I succumbed to working with an RE). I made follicles like a champ on Femara, and I could definitely feel a rise in sensation of tightness, and fullness in my abdomen as they grew, and had ovulation pain leading up to ovulation. After ovulation, the sensation of tightness and fullness would shift pretty quickly once all the follicles ruptured, and that, for me, was my best confirmation that ovulation had happened. In the months that I only had one mature follicle, I did not feel ovulation or ovulation pain.