Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

tanks this week??

lesrmhlesrmh Posts: 654
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Anyone getting their tank this week???
My partner and I have 4 kids from our donor and are trying for 1 more. :)
We are doing an at home insem...our tank should be here Tuesday....anyone else getting ready???

Comments

• Options
    KatKat Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    We are getting ours next Monday. We're TTC #1 but hope to have four kids eventually. I hope you're successful TTC #5!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got my tank last Tuesday but I’m still waiting to ovulate!!! I hope I do by Tuesday. How long does the tank last?? I don’t remember?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It should be fine for a couple weeks if left unopened. Once you open it, I think you have about 2 days.

I think I may end up in the same situation as you. I haven't even seen a partial line on an OPK and my tank just got here today. My ovaries better be prepping the best egg of my life right now lol.

Hope you ovulate soon! Keep me posted on how it goes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What???... a couple days?? It says on the tank to open up immediately to make sure order is correct. I just checked it and all still looks frozen!! I got my smile tonight though so my first Insem will be tonight and then tomorrow night we will do another.
    Did you take clomid or anything?
  • Options
    2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited June 2018
    @lesrmh: You are definitely supposed to open it and check everything as soon as you receive it. It is still set to last up to 21 days but only guaranteed 7 after you receive it. You can keep it past 7 days if you notify NW and pay the additional cost per day. They just won't guarantee the motility, although many women have had to do this and haven't had any issues. We actually ordered 4 vials one month, only ended up using 2 so we sent the other 2 back to storage. They arrived still frozen at NW (we were staying in very close contact with them) and that would've been 9-10 days after we initially received the tank and opened it to inspect the vials.
    Good luck with this cycle!! FX for you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh good. All seemed well in the tank last night as we did the first insem. Next will be tonight and then we can send it back tomorrow. So only a day late.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    lesrmh, how has your two week wait been going? Have you tested yet?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am out...on my 7th day with the tank when I went to test my vial was completely defrosted and the tank was warm. So I quickly did the vial thinking I don’t really know how long it had been thawed out and I am the only one that has any of my donor left. So... it was a bust!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened. Are you going to try again with a new donor? Try to find more of your original donor? Or what?

I was also out last cycle - BFN. Trying again next week though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We have 3 vials left of our donor. So we will try again this next cycle. I have always used 3 vials when doing at home. So I will stick with that. How’s yours going??? You in the tww again?? Fingers crossed for you!!
  • Options
    amy326204amy326204 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Today is day 7 since my tank shipped, of course my ovaries want to be jerks now, I ordered it to come by CD12 because last month I o'd so early, now I am on day 3 of the flashing smily and still no surge!!! I don't know what to do! I am in FL, I have not opened anything, just praying I get the solid tomorrow and can use the vials. New at all this, took my hubs forever to agree to use donor and now I am just a bucket of nerves!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What’s a flashing smiley?? What kind of OPK are they?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    lesrmh wrote:
    We have 3 vials left of our donor. So we will try again this next cycle. I have always used 3 vials when doing at home. So I will stick with that. How’s yours going??? You in the tww again?? Fingers crossed for you!!

Thanks! I just got my BFP at 12 dpo yesterday :) Are you in your tww yet?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    lesrmh wrote:
    What’s a flashing smiley?? What kind of OPK are they?

Clearblue advanced OPKs have flashing smileys (rising LH) for a while before you get the solid smiley (peak LH). The regular Clearblue OPKs only have empty circles and solid smileys.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Aww ok!! I just use the regular smiley.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lol JDiana....that’s how you are in my phone. ????????????. Cross your fingers and lots of sticky baby dust!!!