Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Donor 901a Siblings

ClickingMomof2ClickingMomof2 Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hey Mamas... I am desperately reaching out to parents who have children from donor 901a. I can respect if you are not wanting contact, or have no desire for contact. However, my child from this donor has a blood disorder that is hereditary. My family does NOT have this disorder, and I want to make other parents aware of it. You would not know unless a specific medical test was ran unless other indicators showed themselves (my child was only tested before a surgery due to reoccurring nose bleeds and a doctor who was aware of the disorder)...

If you would like to chat, please feel free to contact me!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    It would be really helpful if you could let me know what the blood disorder is!
    Thank you
  • Options
    2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our sons were both screened (for Von Willenbrand's) after I got this message. Our older son came back with 1 co-factor low (not dangerously so--the dr. called it "grey area" and couldn't make a definitive diagnosis. It basically means he is prone to bruise and bleed a little easier. There are different types of Von Willenbrand's and what he (may) have is the very mild version--often not even diagnosed. Our younger son tested completely normal.