Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Role Reversal K&C

2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
This month my wife and I have switched it up while waiting to get her into the Fertility Clinic.
We switched donors and I am attempting to get pregnant this cycle.

I tracked my cycle more in depth last month than previously, and did my first inseminations last night and this morning.

I generally have a 23-24 day cycle, but last month was a little different - most likely due to being in a different environment for work - and I had a 27 day cycle.

This month, I was on 50mg Clomid and I've been extremely bloated for about a week. I started OPK testing on the 5th and got my peak yesterday morning at 6:30. I had planned to do insemination at home at 18 hours past positive/peak OPK and then the IUI with our midwife at 36 hours. We ended up doing the at home insem at 15 hours and I had a weird feeling about waiting for 36, since my peak tends to be rather short lived. We decided to test again this morning, and my OPK was low so we went ahead and went to the midwife for the IUI this morning.

So, although I've been through this with my wife 7 times, I am officially in my first TWW. I'm not good at being patient and waiting to test when it wasn't me, so I can only imagine how crazy this wait is going to be. (I always asked her to start testing way too early!)

What are ways you ladies get through the TWW?

Comments

• Options
    reednakitareednakita Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies awww so excited for your news! And excited for your Wife to go to a Fertility doctor. Sending stucky baby dust your way. I just try so hard not to think about the TWW window. I keep busy by going out and enjoying time with my Wife and kids. Catching up on shows or books. Next time I try will be my 5th cycle. I started June of last year at the clinic had test run and everything is fine. Seems like timing was my issue. And I believe fresh sperm will be better for me since it lives longer. So I will be doing AI the next cycle that I try.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you already have a KD? I’m excited for you to try again.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies yes we found one online. He has alot of success. With AI and shipping. We're doing shipping. I'm done spending all this money on frozen. My other kids came from fresh sperm. Thank you. I will keep you inform when we get out BFP and try again. Best wishes on your BFP I'm exciting for you guys!! And with known donor I can try every month if need be. With frozen I was only able to try twice a year with a RE so expensive.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    8DPO BFN this morning. It’s a little soon, but we are planning for next month now just in case.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies yes definitely too soon! Still have plenty of time. And I like to plan ahead also. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I had a little bit of light brown CM today, so either it was a good thing or a bad thing. I'm not technically due for AF until Monday, but my cycle is occasionally only 23-24 days and today is 23. But, FX for IB. Will update over the weekend once I know if I was good or bad, lol.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies ohh that's exciting!! And okay I will check in lol.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was really hopeful with the spotting, as I usually don’t spot before AF. But this month, that’s all it was. AF came yesterday afternoon. I had zero signs or symptoms of AF until a couple of hours before it happened so I really felt good about it. Onto next month.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @2HopefulMommies so sorry. That's all we can do is keep going until we got our babies. I can't wait until we get pregnant lets get it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TWW #2. We did an ICI/IVI Saturday night and an IUI Sunday morning with the midwife (at approx. 12 and 24 hours). By Sunday morning I was testing Low on the OPK already. I seem to only get peak for less than 24 hours, so next month I'm going to test around 12 hours to see what it says. The IUI was pretty difficult this time and I've had a ton of spotting. Last month, I didn't feel a thing and it was wonderful. I was hoping for the same experience this time but that wasn't the case. Hopefully the biggest difference this month is that it works!

I did not do Clomid this month either as I felt it didn't really help and I was SO bloated the entire month last time.

I'm due for AF on the 26th, so it's a waiting game until then. 17 days to go.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know how I thought I was due on the 26th ... It's really the 19th (tomorrow) that AF should show.

I waited to test until yesterday (10dpo) BFN. I had some spotting last night and this morning. So I'm just waiting for full-force AF at this point.

We are also working the final pieces to get started with IVF for C. We have the follow up with the fertility clinic on the 1st if we can get our ridiculous physc consult out of the way.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    AF showed right on time on the 19th. It was a pretty rough period this month. Hoping to plan the tank shipment this week for one more shot before we start IVF with my wife.

I kept having dreams that I was pregnant and dreams of having twins. Even though I knew I was on my period (although it was a little lighter than usual, it was bright red some of the time and I had a ton of cramps) it was hard to believe the cycle was really over.