Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Asking for a baby from Santa Claus ;) Home Insem this week!

Hello!

I've been researching this journey since 2006 and NWCryobank was always the bank I intended to use. I'm happy to say that after crazy years, many moves, and life changes... I'm biting the bullet and starting the SMBC journey. I was going to try in October but my cycle randomly decided to change (typically a 29 day cycle but a random 45 day cycle). I'm not sexually active...(sadly ever) so it was just my body deciding to make fun changes. Anyway, it scared me into action. I'm "only" 33 but I don't have any family fertility stories for females having babies in their thirties, so I don't know what to expect. At any rate, I know that my mother started perimenopause in her late thirties and girlfriend wants lots of babies (it's me. I'm girlfriend).

Anyway, In November I realized that if my cycle went back to 29-30 days, then I'd be ovulating on Christmas Eve. Low and behold...that's what it's looking like! I have a tank being delivered tomorrow. Using ClearBlue Advanced Digital, I started flashing "high" last night; based on other body clues, I think that I'll be at peak (or best fluids) tomorrow evening or Thursday morning.

Crossing fingers and wishing on baby dust! I know it's the first time so if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. This is a journey. I'm just excited to finally get it started!