Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Freaking Out - Dewar On Its Side

i am FREAKING out

my dewar was knocked on its side likely by the kitty cat

i opened the dewar and it still has nitrogen and appears the sperm is frozen

but I am MELTING down and worry this cycle now is busted

please calm me!

At home ICI Dec 2017 - BFN
At home ICI January 2018 - BFP at 10dpo
Baby girl born September 2018

Comments

• foxfox Posts: 40

I know how you feel. You name it it's happened to dewars I've ordered. They are designed with the real world in mind. The shape of them holds some of the coolant even when on the side. While it is not ideal, it is not the end of the world. I imagine it shortens the number of days it will stay cold enough, but as long as you are planning to use it within 3 or 4 days you should be fine. If you plan on keeping it long, then you may want to look into getting it recharged.

Relax, this is meant to be a happy part of your life. Good luck on your cycle.

• tealbowtealbow Posts: 43

Thanks. It has been a cycle where any and everything that could go wrong, has I feel like... Using the vial, it was still frozen, had the nitrogen (or whatever it is) coming out when opening it. So seems it was still perfectly fine. But man it makes your heart hammering seeing the box on it's side! Thank you

At home ICI Dec 2017 - BFN
    At home ICI January 2018 - BFP at 10dpo
    Baby girl born September 2018