Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Digital OPK

I have a 28 day cycle typically and in the past have shown peak (solid smile) on day 17. This month on day 12 I had CM that would indicate the start of getting close to ovulation. I started using the digital tests on day 10. The midwife that is doing our IUI procedure sent me an article that suggested testing multiple times a day and also not to test first thing in the morning- I am not sure if these are correct since different sources say different things. Anyways, I tested today (day 15) in the morning and had no LH surge ( circle) and then decided to test again at noon. I hadnt had anything to drink so far that day. The test came back as a solid smile/peak fertility. I am not sure why I decided to test again but I did at 3:45 and this evening at 8- both times it said no LH surge. The current plan is to do the IUI tomorrow based on the noon peak fertility reading. Have I missed the window since the last two said no LH surge?

Comments

• Options
    Jessie127Jessie127 Posts: 6

If you are using the ClearBlue Advanced, then it's best to follow the directions that say to only test 1x per day with FMU. Only after you receive the flashing smiley can you start to test multiple times a day (drinking normally with a 4 hour hold). If you aren't using the advanced then I'm not sure what the directions are or how to use it, but I would go off of whatever the included directions say. I assume the article the midwife sent has to do with using the 2 line ovulation tests. With those you don't test with FMU, instead you are supposed to use second morning urine and can test easily multiple times throughout the day. I definitely don't think you missed your window since once you have your LH surge you typically ovulate 12-36 hours later (or up to 48hrs.). I just wonder if that was a true peak, or if it might have been a false one if the test wasn't used as directed.

Either way good luck with your IUI tomorrow!